JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I'm selling off some safe queens third on the list is my S&W .38 spl victory WWII revolver it's in OK/ GOOD shape. it's one of the revolvers given out to the civil defense after WWII had ended. You can tell because of the V stamped in the the serial number. I'm looking to get $DELETE. new price $550.00

0952E77A-6906-4D76-BF60-E60620403F8C.jpeg 2C13F427-12F9-4ACA-99AD-6444B92919F7.jpeg 6ECB68F9-A05F-4DF6-AD37-FD4F93E2FCA0.jpeg

Last Edited:
It's possible a certain number of Victory S & Ws wound up in the same lot and location and were inscribed as such by the same person with some sort of electric engraving/scribing pen. It would be an interesting story if ever revealed. My US Navy Victory fortunately is free of markings!

It's possible a certain number of Victory S & Ws wound up in the same lot and location and were inscribed as such by the same person with some sort of electric engraving/scribing pen. It would be an interesting story if ever revealed. My US Navy Victory fortunately is free of markings!

Basically best I can tell these revolvers were originally contracted for the US Navy and then transferred to the Office of Civil Defense where they were engraved with the civil defense markings, The OCD transferred them to police departments to arm reserve officers in the event of a national emergency. Definitely, some interesting history on this gun its a shame its been modified.
The Collection - US Military Revolvers

My Mom would reminisce about her dad. He was a guard @ local steel plant in PA during WWII and took his job very seriously. It was his contribution to the war effort. She would describe him coming home, taking off his helmet and gun belt, wiping down his gun, telling her "for the umteenth time" that this is not a toy and carefully putting it up on a high shelf. She didn't know guns very well but described a revolver. Very likely one of these S&W's. I think Colt made something along these lines too.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.