Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

s&w sw1911 #108284

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Iceman04503, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Iceman04503

Iceman04503 Portland, or Active Member

I'm looking for any info on a sw1911 model #108284. The manufacturers website doesn't show this model. Is it an older production run? I have an opportunity to pick one up for 800 nib but would like to know some more. Google only shows forum discussions from 2011 about this 1911.

2. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

search for S&W 1911 recalls

3. NWPROJECTS

NWPROJECTS Camano Island New Member

Not sure if you are a member of the S&W forum site? I do know there are members there that can look up any model and numbers and get that info for you.. Simply make a posting with the #s off the gun and you should receive a reply back fairly quickly. Hope this helps, I have done it for several models of my 3rd gen auto's, old LEO guns. http://smith-wessonforum.com/

4. taroman

taroman Willamette Valley Active Member

I have one of these. It was the target version of S&W's 1st generation 1911s.
    New old stock I purchased at the LGS here several years ago.
    When I shot it, accuracy was disappointing with any load.
    I shot match 1911s competitively in the Army and this one wasn't in the game.
    Into the safe it went.
    sw1911.jpg
    In this image, I'd changed the grips and trigger.
    Went back to it much later. For a close check.
    Barrel had measurable vertical play when locked. So I sent it back to S&W for free repair under the lifetime warranty.
    Returned quickly and shot much better.
    So I decided to customize it. Hard chrome finish to get rid of the laser etchings and black parts.
    Its a lot nicer, now:
    cogan.jpg
    So, S&W quickly moved away from these early models with the E series.
    Back to the OP's question my opinion is that $800 is too much. There are newer/nicer 1911s with street prices in that same range.
    In fact, I just ordered a new Colt Competition Pistol for $754 from Bud's.
    O1980CCS_450w.png

sw1911.jpg

cogan.jpg

O1980CCS_450w.png