JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have a regular one and am happy with it. I also have a full size 2.0 ( had 2 actually) and while it's a good gun I don't think I'd want to carry a gun with a grip that course. It's nice for shooting but could be irritating against the skin. I just put a rubber talon grip on my shield and that's enough grip for me.

We all knew it was coming, the way they were blowing out the prices on the Shields.

No kidding! Bud's had the Shield 45 for $283 shipped a few weeks ago. It was $270 if you were willing to deal with their "cash" transaction headache. The .45 is essentially a 2.0 anyway. Only downside was that it was only the thumb safety version. But I couldn't resist for that price. So now my Shield 9 has a big brother.

No kidding! Bud's had the Shield 45 for $283 shipped a few weeks ago. It was $270 if you were willing to deal with their "cash" transaction headache. The .45 is essentially a 2.0 anyway. Only downside was that it was only the thumb safety version. But I couldn't resist for that price. So now my Shield 9 has a big brother.
Ah what a difference six or eight months make, I paid $400 for my 45 Shield with safety.

I've got the ported Performance Center Shield in .45, which is essentially everything the new 2.0 Shield is. Awesome pistol, by the way. The ported barrel is awesome in reducing both barrel flip and recoil. They used to just come with fiber optic sights, but now you can opt for night sights for more bucks. I've got the fiber optic setup and love it. The Performance Center version comes with a better trigger than the regular version and it's just getting better the more rounds I put through it. Ultiimate carry pistol with the 7 round magazine. basically a totally reliable polymer equivalent of a Commander sized 1911.

I would like the Performance Center version, but my standard external safety Shield 45 is pretty good. I like it pretty well, it is just a tad smaller than my RIA Officer's model 1911, but a lot lighter. I like the RIA best though. Happy to own both.

I handled the 2.0 compact yesterday, love it. Will own one as soon as i pay pay off the kidney stone i had, I will probably get the thumb safety version. I might get the shield too !

I handled the 2.0 compact yesterday, love it. Will own one as soon as i pay pay off the kidney stone i had, I will probably get the thumb safety version. I might get the shield too !

Just curious how much your kidney stone was? I just had one myself... My wife called the ambulance while I was in a pain wave after I told her not too.... A ride to the hospital in the box van with blinky lights and a two-hour stay ended up about $6000

I've had continuous health insurance for all of the last several decades and never really used it. I had a two month window during the changeover to a new policy and of course that's when I had my kidney stone. 100% out of pocket

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top