JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They look like a marriage between the Sigma and the M&P. I love the M&P series and if you can get into the $450 range, I highly recommend them.

The SD9 and SD40 look like a good value for that price point. I like the night front post site a lot and the grip angle should make it a natural "pointer". I think it would excel as an inexpensive, high feature, self-defense pistol. I think you'll be disappointed if you're looking for a championship or long range shooter. Lots of people dis the Sigmas, most of that was based on the heavy trigger pull..which was definitely true. I have a friend who has a Sigma and he loves it and shoots really well with it...so I think its a personal thing.

At the end of the day, I always recommend people shoot the guns before you buy one...pistols are a lot about how they fit into YOUR hand.

Good luck. You can also check M&P pistol forum, you might find folks there who've already bought one and shot it.

and get the MP 40. It is selling world wide to lots of national military units and state police. It is one of the standards that all will be judge by. XD 40's and CZ 40's are great as well. MP 40 are special because of all the R/D SW put into them. If you like the trigger you will love the gun. :s0155:

You'll have to do a features comparison and I'm not sure how the internals differ. But, I'd wager the trigger pull is less on the M&P, it's grip is different, there will be more aftermarket accessories. I've never handled the SD, but I can tell you the M&P feels exactly right inmy hands and is a natural pointer.

Again, a lot of this depends on what you need/want. If you want a no-frills gun that will primarily be a nighstand gun, the SD will probably be just fine and you'll save maybe a $100.

If you want a solid, all-around, duty gun that is Made In America...then I'd say save up the extra $100 and get an M&P...it's a better all around gun; and also has the advantage of real world testing/improvement over the last 4 years.

Thanks for ur post i had a sigma 9mm for a while i liked it alot and i saw the sd40 for $399 at my local gunshop so is that a good deal

I have a sigma sw9ve I'm trying to sell if your interested. Myrtle creek is a bit far though...

I'd say the trigger on the sigmas is something you have to get used to, but once you do they are a good gun. I've heard the MP's have a similar trigger pull. These SD's look pretty similar. http://www.ammoland.com/2010/05/12/smith-wesson-self-defense-sd-pistol-series/ says suggested retail of $429

Found this comparison of The SDs to a sigma too http://lonelymachines.org/2010/06/11/sw-sd-series/ Looks like they just made a couple improvements to the sigma line.