JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i had a 360pd. it is quite a handful. i can only shoot 15 bullets before my hand started to hurt. also the inside of the trigger guard smacks your with each shot. (357 mag 158gr bullets)

38 specials through it are fun

Bud's has limited edition (TALO Dist) S&W 360 .357 Mag revolvers (#160357) on clearance for $483 (shipped). This seems like a pretty great price for a little Scandium Frame w/ stainless cylinder & bbl snubby. I already have a new .45 ACP scandium framed 325 Night Guard that could use a little bother. Has anyone shot one of these little bad boys?

Smith & Wession 360 357mag Liquidation Item $483.00 SHIPS FREE

<broken link removed>

View attachment 189174

My carry gun for the last 15 years has been a S&W 640 <broken link removed>

All I have ever shot is 158gr .357 loads in it, being DA only it's not a target gun but I am comfortable with it and won't likely trade it for the world. 30 or so rounds at the range is about all I have ever fired in one session.

That being said I can't imagine the lighter scandium framed models are any easier on the hands.

The muzzle blasts makes a nice night light though...

Billy

I saw that ad and if I didn't already have a Scandium .357 I would have probably jumped on it. That is the ultimate pocket gun, extremely light and powerful. Never touched one off but my 386NG is brutal enough with hot loads. With milder loads it kind of fun.

I own the 360 my 2nd favorite CC, and the only other scandium I would possible think of trading or buying in addition to it is the 340pd. I know that I read reviews over and over about the punishment of shooting it, but I really enjoy shooting .357 loads out of it. I even shot it after about a dozen 400gr loads out of my Smith & Wesson .500 4". I'm sure that I'm different, but friends who have shot .38 special out of it really enjoyed it. Now I must be honest my hand was sore after shooting that plus my .500 .45, .40(s), other .357(s) 38(s) and .380 in the same range session. Aside from that it's great shooting, without any "punishment" felt popping off some rounds. Again, this is just me and I'm hoping someday to squeeze an 800grain out of my .500 someday. So, please, take what I say as a grain of salt You may want to rent one or borrow one first, because you really may not like it. Nice price though.

I can't get past the stories of the lock engaging during recoil on lightweight frame, high recoil guns. I've spoken to a couple of different instructors who've seen it happen in their classes. Nothing to do but remove the sideplate in some instances. I really like J-frames, and I would love to have either the 340 or 360, but not until they ditch the lock. For now, I usually buy a 642 without the lock for carry.

It happened to me on my 329PD firing 44 magnum loads. The lock activated after firing a shot with the trigger locking in the rear position. I did not have a key with me so I took off the sideplate and fixed it. Never happened again on any of my lightweight Smith and Wessons. I think its ugly but not a big deal.

It happened to me on my 329PD firing 44 magnum loads. The lock activated after firing a shot with the trigger locking in the rear position. I did not have a key with me so I took off the sideplate and fixed it. Never happened again on any of my lightweight Smith and Wessons. I think its ugly but not a big deal.

Unless you needed that shot to stop a charging brown bear in AK and the first shot didn't stop the threat. Then you're hosed...

I have S&W 442 airweight that is decent to shoot with .38s but I dont think I would like shooting too many rounds of .357 through such a small lightweight revolver

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top