JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
It seems lately that there has been a rash of guns coming from S&W that are just not up to snuff. It doesn't seem to be limited to their general production run guns either. It even affects their performance center guns. I have bought two performance center revolvers in the past couple months. Both have had issues. The first just had some cosmetic blemishes that I was able to rectify myself, but the more recent one is showing a bit of the barrel fit issue that seems to be rampant right now. The barrel is installed canted to the left which makes it impossible to align the sights.

Here is a quick video that shows what I am talking about.

S&W Barrel Alignment Issue - YouTube

This has definitely been true of S&W guns in recent times, which is why I prefer the 80's/early 90's S&Ws instead. But this is a situation going on with quite a few of the big companies in recent times, they have tried to cut corners to keep prices competitive. Ironically, one of the few companies that have been dramatically improving their QC over the past few decades has been Taurus (at least with their revolvers), which have been bashed repetitively for poor quality. Although there quality is still not perfect, they have definitely improved over time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top