JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I wonder if this has the same quirk that the .380EZ has in that you have to have the slide back to easily load a full magazine in. An empty magazine inserts just fine on a closed slide but not a loaded one. That is about the only quirk of the .380EZ that I don't care about.

Mike

The 380EZ I've shot was been painfully inaccurate and I'm a good pistol shot. The Shield I had was the same. I can't imagine the level of mediocrity this gun will provide. Big No!

The Springfield XD pistols, at least the one in 9mm that I owned for awhile are no where near what I'd call easy tor rack. I do not have weak hands and it was a pain to rack the one I had. My Beretta 92FS takes about half of the effort than the XD did. The heavy spring may be why they are pretty reliable (mine never had a problem) but the hard racking is why I traded mine for another pistol. I liked the XD other than that.

Mike

Nope. That's not a good comparison.
Perhaps not for slide racking. But in terms of the EZ grip safety and various other features I dont see a whole lot different than the XD line seeings how some come with certain features that are similar. Id assume a specific recoil rod assembly and certain springs would create the same smoothness.

Perhaps not for slide racking. But in terms of the EZ grip safety and various other features I dont see a whole lot different than the XD line seeings how some come with certain features that are similar. Id assume a specific recoil rod assembly and certain springs would create the same smoothness.

Besides the grip safety, which again is nothing new...what other features are similar? The EZ is internally hammer fired, different size, weight and ergos. Yep, it's a gun. But I don't see any other similarities.

So I'm gonna stick with my original statement here that they are not a good comparison.

The Springfield XD pistols, at least the one in 9mm that I owned for awhile are no where near what I'd call easy tor rack. I do not have weak hands and it was a pain to rack the one I had. My Beretta 92FS takes about half of the effort than the XD did. The heavy spring may be why they are pretty reliable (mine never had a problem) but the hard racking is why I traded mine for another pistol. I liked the XD other than that.

Mike

The Springfield XD-E 9mm with an exposed hammer is easy to rack.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top