Southwest Firearms Forum
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Advertise on Northwest Firearms
Gun Deals
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Rifleworks
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

S&W releases Shield 9 EZ

I wonder if this has the same quirk that the .380EZ has in that you have to have the slide back to easily load a full magazine in. An empty magazine inserts just fine on a closed slide but not a loaded one. That is about the only quirk of the .380EZ that I don't care about.

Mike

Reactions
Yeah. They’ve been pretty popular since like 1911.

:D
You mean ever since the cavalry (those guys on horses the military no longer deploys) browbeat Browning into adding one to his pistol design and then he removed in the next generation ala P-35? Seems like that is where it belongs to me.

Reactions
The 380EZ I’ve shot was been painfully inaccurate and I’m a good pistol shot. The Shield I had was the same. I can’t imagine the level of mediocrity this gun will provide. Big No!

• Good Question
Reactions: ron
Cabela’s in Tualatin has them in stock if anyone is interested.

The Springfield XD pistols, at least the one in 9mm that I owned for awhile are no where near what I'd call easy tor rack. I do not have weak hands and it was a pain to rack the one I had. My Beretta 92FS takes about half of the effort than the XD did. The heavy spring may be why they are pretty reliable (mine never had a problem) but the hard racking is why I traded mine for another pistol. I liked the XD other than that.

Mike

Reactions
ZA,

I know nothing of the Springfield XD line of pistols.

EZ slide rackers are they?
Every one Ive shot has racked fine. Not a huge XD fan though.. however the smoothest racked slide in my experience always been beretta 92fs/M9’s If they are as smooth as those, then I can understand.

Reactions
Nope. That’s not a good comparison.
Perhaps not for slide racking. But in terms of the EZ grip safety and various other features I dont see a whole lot different than the XD line seeings how some come with certain features that are similar. Id assume a specific recoil rod assembly and certain springs would create the same smoothness.

Perhaps not for slide racking. But in terms of the EZ grip safety and various other features I dont see a whole lot different than the XD line seeings how some come with certain features that are similar. Id assume a specific recoil rod assembly and certain springs would create the same smoothness.
Besides the grip safety, which again is nothing new...what other features are similar? The EZ is internally hammer fired, different size, weight and ergos. Yep, it’s a gun. But I don’t see any other similarities.

So I’m gonna stick with my original statement here that they are not a good comparison.

Reactions
The Springfield XD pistols, at least the one in 9mm that I owned for awhile are no where near what I'd call easy tor rack. I do not have weak hands and it was a pain to rack the one I had. My Beretta 92FS takes about half of the effort than the XD did. The heavy spring may be why they are pretty reliable (mine never had a problem) but the hard racking is why I traded mine for another pistol. I liked the XD other than that.

Mike
The Springfield XD-E 9mm with an exposed hammer is easy to rack.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online