JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I handled one a couple of Days ago at Barons Den in Eugene. I liked the feel of it, but it seems really light, would be interesting with full loads. I finally decided on a S&W 4" BBl Mountain Gun at Cabelas. Love it, but still on the light side. That S&W Performance Center 629 snubbie is one sweet looking pistol.

If you haven't bought a 629, I highly recommend you do. They are great guns with any barrel length, barrel length is personal preference.

S&W makes fantastic revolvers. They are just a little over priced right now. But most guns are. Wait a few months and prices might come down.

If you want a more handy 44 magnum get the M69. They are extremely underrated revolvers. A handful with 44 mag but still very manageable with the XFrame grips.

Last Edited:
If you haven't bought a 629, I highly recommend you do. They are great guns with any barrel length, barrel length is personal preference.

S&W makes fantastic revolvers. They are just a little over priced right now. But most guns are. Wait a few months and prices might come down.

If you want a more handy 44 magnum get the M69. They are extremely underrated revolvers. A handful with 44 mag but still very manageable with the XFrame grips.
I have a 357 4" and 44 mag 6" S&W. That 3" 44 looks so nice. There is a short Python also.

I have a 357 4" and 44 mag 6" S&W. That 3" 44 looks so nice. There is a short Python also.
My current lineup for revolvers is a 2.5" CA Bulldog (44spl) , a 7.5" Ruger SRH (480), and the 4.25" M69 (44mag).

I agree DA revolvers look good in 3". I wanted the Bulldog in a 3" but was living in CA then and they are not on the roster. I bought the M69 before they released the 2.75". I was looking for a SRH Alaska model but couldn't find one for the life of me because of the pandemic. I'm actually planning to cut the barrel down on mine to 3"-3.5". I got it for woods carry and it will draw faster with the shorter barrel (hence why a 3" barrel is handy).

I'm planning to add a 629 to my collection in the near future and it will be one of the 3" mountain guns if I can find one. But I also like the blued 4" model 29 also.

Does anyone own one of these? I am thinking it might be my next purchase.

Resized_20210402_121515_4451.jpeg

Any advantage to non fluted cylinder? Or just looks? So there is a 3" and 2.75 I need to refine my search criteria…
As far as magnum loads I'll use this for personal protection, bedroom gun, stress reliever. Same as I load a 12g slug. Relaxes me. Not going through boxes of ammonia with it as people noted the kick and some prefer special loads. I think I'm looking around $1050 if I get lucky?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top