JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I handled one a couple of Days ago at Barons Den in Eugene. I liked the feel of it, but it seems really light, would be interesting with full loads. I finally decided on a S&W 4" BBl Mountain Gun at Cabelas. Love it, but still on the light side. That S&W Performance Center 629 snubbie is one sweet looking pistol.

If you haven't bought a 629, I highly recommend you do. They are great guns with any barrel length, barrel length is personal preference.

S&W makes fantastic revolvers. They are just a little over priced right now. But most guns are. Wait a few months and prices might come down.

If you want a more handy 44 magnum get the M69. They are extremely underrated revolvers. A handful with 44 mag but still very manageable with the XFrame grips.

Last Edited:
If you haven't bought a 629, I highly recommend you do. They are great guns with any barrel length, barrel length is personal preference.

S&W makes fantastic revolvers. They are just a little over priced right now. But most guns are. Wait a few months and prices might come down.

If you want a more handy 44 magnum get the M69. They are extremely underrated revolvers. A handful with 44 mag but still very manageable with the XFrame grips.
I have a 357 4" and 44 mag 6" S&W. That 3" 44 looks so nice. There is a short Python also.

I have a 357 4" and 44 mag 6" S&W. That 3" 44 looks so nice. There is a short Python also.
My current lineup for revolvers is a 2.5" CA Bulldog (44spl) , a 7.5" Ruger SRH (480), and the 4.25" M69 (44mag).

I agree DA revolvers look good in 3". I wanted the Bulldog in a 3" but was living in CA then and they are not on the roster. I bought the M69 before they released the 2.75". I was looking for a SRH Alaska model but couldn't find one for the life of me because of the pandemic. I'm actually planning to cut the barrel down on mine to 3"-3.5". I got it for woods carry and it will draw faster with the shorter barrel (hence why a 3" barrel is handy).

I'm planning to add a 629 to my collection in the near future and it will be one of the 3" mountain guns if I can find one. But I also like the blued 4" model 29 also.

Does anyone own one of these? I am thinking it might be my next purchase.

Resized_20210402_121515_4451.jpeg

Any advantage to non fluted cylinder? Or just looks? So there is a 3" and 2.75 I need to refine my search criteria…
As far as magnum loads I'll use this for personal protection, bedroom gun, stress reliever. Same as I load a 12g slug. Relaxes me. Not going through boxes of ammonia with it as people noted the kick and some prefer special loads. I think I'm looking around $1050 if I get lucky?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top