JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
This was made in 1965 and is the Service Model with a 4 inch barrel and fixed sights. Essentially it is a striped down Model 57 , but oh so accurate. Both I and an instructor shot a plate rack and cleaned it at 35 yards with a standard sight picture. The .41 mag is almost equal to the .44 mag but has a lot less felt-recoil. I have several
speed loaders and the usual Pachmayr grips that will go with this gun from me to you for $750.00. untitled.png untitled.png

Wish you lived in oregon. These guns have a great history, at one time they were going to use them for police handguns but they made the mistake of trying them using only magnum hunting loads. They never made a police load as far as I can remember.

Wish you lived in oregon. These guns have a great history, at one time they were going to use them for police handguns but they made the mistake of trying them using only magnum hunting loads. They never made a police load as far as I can remember.
AH! But they did! The load was by Remington: 215 gr LHP at 850 fps.

I don't care for when folks get to chatting in a for-sale adds, but ohhh be still my heart, this is too cool not to stop and say something (looks like others already beat me to it too - how awesome is this gun).

I too wish you were in Oregon, but then I'm about $749 short in "gun money" at the moment anyway, so it wouldn't matter.

Had one of these twenty some years ago and oh-my was it just the neatest thing ever. Big heavy barreled N-frame with the tiny little fixed combat sights. The action was amazing; that thin little trigger without serrations and the narrow hammer and then BOOM! The awesome thunder of the .41 Magnum and mind-control like accuracy; the bullets always go right where you had thought you wanted it. Have shot other 58s over the years and they were always the same. Simply amazing guns. I envy whoever the buyer winds up being, what a great revolver. Maybe of interest, of the few PDs that used to "allow" these, one was hippytown USA itself... SFPD

I LOVE EM' STILL HAVING BAD DREAMS ABOUT NOT PICKING UP ONE OF THE SFPD FROM J&G A FEW YEARS BACK . I WOULD WISH YOU LUCK WITH SALE BUT...WITH A 41 MAG , WHO NEEDS LUCK

These are sweet and accurate. A couple weeks ago I was sighting in my 300 win mag and just to see what would happen if I took my model 58 and shoot at my 100 yard target and after a few shots I was hitting paper!
This is my favorite gun if you notice my avatar.
Mine is a 68' model that I bought a yr ago in the original box with all the papers and had only been fired a few times. I paid a lot more than this one is priced at.
This is a very good price and the person that buys it is going to be very pleased that they bought it.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.