Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W Model 57 .41 Mag

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Miked33, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Miked33

Miked33 Albany New Member

I have a Smith and Wesson Model 57 .41 Mag. It has a stainless brushed finish and a 7 1/2" Barrel in really good shape
    what I am having trouble with is finding a price on this gun for selling it. Do any of you guys have any idea on a value or have
    book of values on this? Thanks for your help in advance.

Mike

2. Mikej

Mikej Portland Gold Supporter Gold Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

3. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

Yah, well Guns Intl. has some upscale retail prices that very few would pay.
    In the real world, the .41 is somewhat of a DOG and has never acheived any real popularity.
    This is from a big Fan of the .41 and of dogs. I own several of each!
    Truth is, no one wants to pay $60 a box for ammo, and that's at Bi-Mart.
    Anyways, if it's a Model 57 it is blued steel, with a few nickel around. A stainless gun is a Model 657, and it's a satin stainless finish.
    The Model 657 per "the book" in 98% condition runs $425, 95% runs $315. They were discontinued in 2008.

4. pattersonrob

pattersonrob Portland New Member

I would be interested in purchasing your .41. Only because my dad had one and it was a good shooter. Whats it worth to you ? I'm all about condition when it comes to my fire arms.Does it have any visible ware ?

5. Rem725

Rem725 Tracktown, OR Member

I have a 6" 57, and a 58. I reload so ammo is not an issue. Got a 500 lot of Starline brass before it went up. I do not really test it for accuracy. But at 50yds offhand (bullseye style) it is regularly in the black on the slowfire target with 210 JHP. Factory JHP did that well too.

6. fry

fry pacific north west Active Member

i'll give you $450 cash for it.

7. SKIPPER99

SKIPPER99 Peck, Id Member

sounds like a helluva deal to me, I would be a player if cash was available