Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTT OR S&W Model 39-2 early 1970s production -- very nice ALL-METAL DA/SA 9mm Single Stack Semi Auto

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by fireninja13, May 22, 2015.

1. fireninja13

fireninja13 Newberg / Portland Metro Active Member

gone :(

Last edited: Aug 3, 2015
  2. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Got one that I learned to shoot with at age 4. Still fits my oversized paws well and shoots great.

GLWS

fireninja13 likes this.
  3. pdx2211

pdx2211 USA Member

I know this gun well. I got one in 1965 for $140. They are really a great auto. But hard to get parts for now. S&W stopped production in 1973 when the machinery to make them wore out and was too expensive to replace it. But I would like to get a nice clean one again. I will offer you $500 for it w/both mags and holster. Let me know?! ?

4. fireninja13

Thanks for the interest.

Unfortunately, it isn't 1965 anymore and the day of the $140 m39-2 is long gone :( Cars were better back then too. . .

I did a little looking around in the local market and there are only two others for sale, one for $550 and one for $650. Both have a single magazine and no holster. That said, the more expensive one appears to be in near new condition.

Unfortunately, correct magazines are going for a decent bit of money:
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=484576392
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=485027497

Anyway, based on all this, I'm not interested in taking less than $600 for the 39-2. For that price I will include the pistol, two magazines and the leather holster.

If you're interested at this price, let me know and I can make myself available to meet up in Newberg or somewhere nearby.

p.s. you seem new to the site, so I sent this via PM as well. Welcome to the NWFA!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
  5. joken

joken Corvallis Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I had one of these for awhile and wish I still had it. It was scary accurate.

fireninja13 likes this.
  6. crabman21

crabman21 Wilsonville,Ore Member

I had a model nickel plated model 59 in the 70s. sold it to a Portland police officer. wish I still had it. very nice gun you have.:)

Joe13 likes this.
  7. Nightshade

Nightshade vancouver,WA Well-Known Member

Great pistol had to get a new barrel for mine found on ebay.fella in seattle had it. Guys someone should get this you will be happy.Had to have my duracoated turned out really nice...GLWS

fireninja13 likes this.
  8. fireninja13

p.s. for those of you who track values on these kind of guns, I accepted a cash offer of $650. This is why I was not too excited by a $500 offer.

Joe13 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.