JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
Thinking of trading my Smith & Wesson Model 36 Chief's Special 2" that I have still with the box and paperwork, and the paperwork is dated April 15, 1955. The gun is in good shape. My uncle carried it in his log truck on runs way back when, but he has since passed away. This has less than a box thru it. I like semi-automatics, not revolvers, so if you are interested, let me know. Pictures are available to those interested. Thanks

Last Edited:
I am looking for semi-automatic handguns, prefer 9mm or bigger, but will look at all offers. I have no cash value on this as I don't know the value and as I have seen that no matter what the value is it would be too much. It is being a good little safe queen and doesn't take up much room, so I don't need to sell it.

As far as pictures are concerned, I am not computer savvy as most of you are, so if you are interested, send your email and I will send the pictures.

The Blue Cardboard box with the Statement of Liability and Warranty dated April 15, 1955 was used for many years. I still have mine, purchased new in 1973 or '74. These little J-frame revolvers represent some of the best S&W had to offer, in my humble opinion.

Had some good offers, just nothing to get me going, so I will put it back up to see if anything new comes around. Had some people wondering about cash and it would be $425. Someone set the date at 1971-72, but I cannot confirm it, but it sounds right as the store that he bought it at (Wigwam) closed in the 1970's.

If you are interested in narrowing down the date of manufacture, you could always call S&W. I have done it before to verify the date on a revolver and they were very helpful. I have always had great experience with their customer service.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.