JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I need to do a little testing to be sure but I think my TRR8 is in need of repair again :( Last time I went shooting I experienced a few FTF. That's exactly how it started the first time which was at about 1,200 rounds. It didn't take too many rounds before it rarely fired. S&W replaced the firing pin and 'repaired the yoke'. Not sure what it took to repair the yoke but that made the gun like new again.

So, has any one else been having FTF with a TRR8?

I had some failure to fire issues with a 329PD which is the scandium N frame .44 Magnum. I replaced the firing pin with an aftermarket one by Cylinder and Slide and it was fine. Maybe the S&W replacement is out of spec. The aftermarket one I installed did say it was longer than the standard firing pin.

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while.. Are they worth it? Have you had any other problems with it? What is your overall opinion of it for the price?

Sorry - don't mean to derail your thread at all, just looking for insight on the Trr8.. it looks awesome.

Thanks!

I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while.. Are they worth it? Have you had any other problems with it? What is your overall opinion of it for the price?

Except for this firing pin problem, the TRR8 is my favorite revolver :) I've carried mine in a leather holster quite a lot and the black finish is worn off from places where it rubs. Guess the same would be true of a steel gun. It is very accurate and a joy to shoot.

As for my FTF,,, I put the non-fired ammo in a Ruger today and it all fired. The TRR8 failed 6 out of 8 times so I'll be phoning S&W on Monday and *may* install a longer firing pin after S&W repairs it.

I phoned S&W this morning and they had me remove the grip and check my strain screw. It was one full turn away from being bottomed out. I've turned it all the way in and will test the gun later this morning.

They've sent me a shipping label just in case...

I tightened the strain screw and fired 24 rounds with no FTF. Worked perfectly! :) At home I pulled the strain screw and put a little blue locktite on it to help prevent this from happening at a crucial moment.