Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W Model 24-3 44 Special Revolver

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by LTRGUY261, May 9, 2013.

1. LTRGUY261

LTRGUY261 Southern Oregon New Member

This will come with all the ammo I have for it, I think about 100 rounds.

I got this pistol in its current condition and have put about 50 rounds through it. It shoots like a dream and is very accurate. Unfortunately it has some pitting that has been blued over. The pitting is the worst on the cylinder. I have it at a shop right now to see what it would cost to weld up the pits and cera cote the pistol. However I am not sure if I want to do that. I would like to trade this for another firearm, like a bolt action rifle, 12G pump, or semi auto pistol.

I have been tracking prices on these and those in better shape are selling on a regualr basis for about $900, obviously mine is not worth that but maybe that will help establish value. I think in 95% condition they book around the $950 mark as well.

44 #1.jpg

44 #2.jpg

44 #3.jpg

Last edited: May 9, 2013
  2. humdrum

humdrum Lakewood Active Member

Dang. I don't mean to crap, but that thing is maybe N.R.A. 50% at best. It looks like it spent it's whole existence in salt water. Throw some pictures up of the bore; the ones of the chambers lead me to believe it may be a "special needs" pistol inside and out.

3. LTRGUY261

LTRGUY261 Southern Oregon New Member

No worries. I know it's not pretty on the outside, but the bore, cylinder, trigger, hammer, etc. are in good shape. This thing is on heck of a shooter.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.