JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
as you can see, someone cut the trigger frame, I was told this was popular back in the day for competition shooting. 575.00 cash or open to trades. I have 2 of these 45's plus a S&W 38/44 outdoorsman in 38 spcl I will be posting here soon and yes, they are all 3 cut. :angry:

Ruger015.jpg

Ruger020.jpg

Could an ambitious person fabricate and weld a new trigger guard? I know it wouldn't restore the original value, but it would make it a very serviceable piece.

Could an ambitious person fabricate and weld a new trigger guard? I know it wouldn't restore the original value, but it would make it a very serviceable piece.

Yes. Carbon steel would need to be tig-welded into place. A good tig welder would not damage the heat treat on the rest of the frame. The weld and trigger guard would then need to be reshaped and the gun refinished. Like you said, no affect on the value, but makes it back to more normal.

A new guard could be tig'd onto the revolver. The weld would show on the re-blue because of different metal from the filler rod. A re-blue destroys collector value.

The "Fitz special" normally would have the barrel bobbed, the hammer bobbed and the grip frame rounded off. You would normally start with a fixed sight frame. The idea was a snag free pocket carry in a larger frame revolver.

JXO, list it on Gunbroker, maybe you well find someone needing it as a parts gun. I don't know what the original owner was thinking. These were rare even back in the day.

Here's some new pics of all 3. from left to right, Model 1955, Model 1950 and 38/44 outdoorsman in 38 special. take all 3 for $1550.00, including 100 rds of 45 autorim ammo (worth 100.00 or more).

repaired there is probably 10K worth here.

DSC_0108.jpg
The two 45's
DSC_0095.jpg

Oh my eyes!

PLEASE say that you bought them that way.

And a real Fitz Special would be a Colt anyway.
Ed McGiven would slap someone over this.

I'm going to go and be sick now.

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top