JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just found out that I am getting my fathers old revolver. He passed away in 2002 and I am just now being offered his guns. Just curious if anyone has one and what they think and what it's worth. I have to pay for it to get it and curious what someone would normally pay for one. Thanks

image.jpeg

What model is it 19-?. Right know revolvers are at a good place if you want to sell. If I was buying from family I would hope they would let you have a deal on it. But I'd say 400-600. My last 19 was 500 but I have picked them up for $450. Can you maybe tell us what kind of shape it's In? Like the blueing

19-6 is what I was told. I haven't seen it in person yet but that picture is the actual gun I'm getting. I'm getting some ammo, speed loaders and the gun for $400.

The Model 19-6 was in production from 1988-1994 just Incase you wanted to know.
$400 is a pretty good price. And it's a good gun I have one in 2.5" myself and love it. I'm sure when you get it we all would love to see pictures.

Back in 1995 I bought one of those for 357 dollars (easy to remeber for some reason ). These days, people want to sell them for $650+. I might pay $500 for an interesting one. I would say $400 with stuff is a very good deal these days, especially if one intends to shoot it. Speedloaders ain't cheap either anymore, they're like $10-$15 now.

The problem with these guns is that a lot of people shoot these with Max loads and complain about the frame stretching. I was talking with owner of shooters service center in St. Johis about this very issue. Parts are getting harder to find for these and barrels are almost impossible to find. Having said that I love the k frames but recognize they are not designed to shoot 357 rounds all the time. Your milage may vary.

This is everything including speed loaders/holsters, a bag of .38, some others and incendiary rounds.

I really shouldn't have to pay for this but I guess I'm getting a decent deal.

image.jpeg

This is an excellent price for one in very good condition. I usually shoot 38 plus P ammo and can carry with 158 grain 357 or 38plus p. There was a thread that 125 grain bullets cracked the forcing cone on these guns, but I think this was disputed, but 158 grain is the way to go. I'd think you would be very happy using 39 plus p ammo.

125gn 357 Magnum rounds where the killer to the k frame because the flat spot on the bottom of the forcing cone. You would have no problem shooting 148+gain 357 Magnum ammo all day everyday. It might hurt you before the gun lol. And parts aren't that hard to find with GunBroker and eBay around I got a used 4" barrel for $40 on eBay. So if you get it shoot it have fun with it and life will be that much better with a Smith k frame.

Well I was just told that there is a new deal. His wife decided she wanted to keep the Mini 14 which I was thinking about buying also, and I get the .410 Stoeger, Ruger .357 and the S&W .357 for $500. I really wanted the Mini 14 but this is a great deal and I get 3 of my fathers guns that I wasn't expecting. He passed 15 years ago and they have been in his step sons possession ever since.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

I would say the 19 is worth the price of admission.
Those go in the first hour of gun shows,usually close to asking prices.
Now you add in that Ruger 357($400 gun easy) and the stoger ( maybe $300 on a good day?) and you have a real great deal for 500 bucks. Even if it was your dad's
If the mini14 is an older gun it's not much of a loss,unless it was a favorite of Dads. It think you got the good ones,myself

I got the guns today and all the extras including the leather/holster pictured below. They are in better shape than the pictures show especially the Ruger (which is a Vaquero not a Blackhawk) and I don't think it's been shot in over 15 years and it's barely broken in. Super stoked!

I have noticed a 3-4 small rust spots though, total across all 3 guns. Does anyone have some advice for knocking those little spots out? I have some Hoppes but haven't tried it yet.

image.jpeg