JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm looking at my catalog & writing this as I do. The Model 10 is designated a K-38. So it's a K Frame. Can you get a better pic of the number inside the frame at the crane? Or give me that info?

I'm looking at my catalog & writing this as I do. The Model 10 is designated a K-38. So it's a K Frame. Can you get a better pic of the number inside the frame at the crane? Or give me that info?

That's the best I can get Thank you

759171CB-47E5-419D-A32E-ED8F1A16D4D7.jpeg

I'm sorry, but the Model 10 info isn't very extensive. I never had one, mostly K Frames with a few J Frames thrown in.
I'm not sure from the year but if it's a five screw it's worth more than the four and three screw models.

I'm sorry, but the Model 10 info isn't very extensive. I never had one, mostly K Frames with a few J Frames thrown in.
I'm not sure from the year but if it's a five screw it's worth more than the four and three screw models.

I can't find much either. Thank you I appreciate the info.

I buy police trade-in 4" Model 10s for $300 bucks in G to VG condition.
Yours is probably worth a bit (maybe quite a bit) more due to the age, condition, rarity, etc.
If you want to sell it, pick a price and hang it out there for a while. If nobody bites, then it's probably too high. Tough market right now tho, summer isn't great for selling guns.

The M10's first stamping was 1957, the 10-1 in 1959. You have a nice Smith. Pinned barrel and great diamond grips that should be numbered to the gun. I would suggest going here "very knowledgeable and friendly," and ask your questions.........:)
Smith & Wesson Forum

You can call Smith and Wesson Factory at 800-331-0852 and they will provide you with the month and year your gun was shipped. I believe that your gun should be worth $500.-$600. It would be more if you had the original box and Paperwork.:)

Smith & Wesson Model 10 - Wikipedia

Not sure that I've ever encountered a model 10 Smith must be a very rare model. (tic):p

In all honesty however you have a very nice example that would be a nice addition to a collection. One does not see many square butt snubbie model 10's for sale these days in as nice condition as what you have.:)

You can call Smith and Wesson Factory at 800-331-0852 and they will provide you with the month and year your gun was shipped. I believe that your gun should be worth $500.-$600. It would be more if you had the original box and Paperwork.:)
I'll give them a call tomorrow. Unfortunately not box or paperwork☹️

Smith & Wesson Model 10 - Wikipedia

Not sure that I've ever encountered a model 10 Smith must be a very rare model. (tic):p

In all honesty however you have a very nice example that would be a nice addition to a collection. One does not see many square butt snubbie model 10's for sale these days in as nice condition as what you have.:)

Thank you. I can't find another like it for sale at the moment.

When this is for sale, please let me know.

It will match one that my father gave my son about 25 years ago.

Tom in Lebanon, Or

I'm still deciding if I want to sell it or not. There is one person who asked first to let them know when or if I sell it, but you are second in line if I do. Thanks

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top