Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W Model 10 Detail Strip & Reassembly

Discussion in 'Maintenance & Gunsmithing' started by F2CMaDMaXX, Jun 24, 2016.

1. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Sgt Nambu likes this.
  2. Sgt Nambu

Sgt Nambu Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Thanks, DMaXX! That was good!

3. F2CMaDMaXX

F2CMaDMaXX West of Portland from England Bullet goes where now? Staff Member Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Thanks, but must say these aren't my videos, i'm just the keeper of the sticky thread, i love detail stripping guns.

orygun likes this.
  4. erudne

erudne The Pie Matrix PPL Say Sleeping W/Your Rifle Is A bad Thing? Bronze Supporter

in essence all modern S&W revolvers,,,My M-10HB was my favorite wheel gun, are the same. Except for the 5 screw they all come apart the same. Back in the 70's I was loading 38 target loads for $.13 each. After several 1000 rounds the mainspring on my M-10HB weakened and the gun became very smooth, a few 1000 later the spring failed. New OEM spring and I started all over. I sold the gun after 20,000 rnds and bought a M-65 so I could clean it in the dish washer (worked great, even after the divorce), the spring never smoothed-out like the M-10 and like a fool, instead of buying a spring kit, I sold it.:confused:

orygun likes this.