JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone carry a Mod 60/36 J frame Smith?
If so what are you using for a holster?
I am looking to get a good, belt holster for mine for OWB OC when I am indulging one of my other hobbies and want to carry a smaller gun.
I have one of the typical, leather 'Uncle Mikes' style that came with it but it is kind of loose and is not real secure nor does it snug up well due to the large belt flap with the wrap around snap loop.
Let me know what you are using.

Bianchi:) makes a number of holsters that would fit the bill nicely. They also make their Agent 9R which is an inverted Shoulder Holster that works very well and can be a great way to conceal under a light jacket or heavy shirt. Good Luck.

I only carry my J frame IWB. I have a couple great holsters I'd sell if you are interested. $50 shipped on either. The oxblood is a Don Hume, the black is a Galco, both "as new" and both are comfortable and hold the weapon securely. (how's that 94' treating you?" IMG_5107.jpg
IMG_5106.jpg

I've already mentioned Bianchi Holsters and just thought about another. They make/made one called the Pistol Pocket. It's an ITW and worked very well for even for a heavier "K" Frame Smith and Wesson.

I am looking to get a good, belt holster for mine for OWB OC when I am indulging one of my other hobbies and want to carry a smaller gun.
I have one of the typical, leather 'Uncle Mikes' style that came with it but it is kind of loose and is not real secure nor does it snug up well due to the large belt flap with the wrap around snap loop.

Simply Rugged Holsters has a great one. It is their Sourdough Pancake model. Great holster.
Best,
Gary

The few times when I'm able to open carry, I have Hunter holsters that I use. I picked up several off of ebay pretty cheaply that fit my revolvers. I have one for a S&W .38 special, my Colt Trooper .357 and Ruger Security Six .357. The same size fits the Colt and Ruger. Here are two of them, top is the .38 Special and bottom is the Security Six .357. I don't have a picture with my Colt Trooper in it's holster:

Holster1205.jpg Holster1337.jpg

Mike

The few times when I'm able to open carry, I have Hunter holsters that I use. I picked up several off of ebay pretty cheaply that fit my revolvers. I have one for a S&W .38 special, my Colt Trooper .357 and Ruger Security Six .357. The same size fits the Colt and Ruger. Here are two of them, top is the .38 Special and bottom is the Security Six .357. I don't have a picture with my Colt Trooper in it's holster:

View attachment 533692 View attachment 533693

Mike

I love those old Hunters. I've picked up a few as well of EBay.

I realize this is a bit of an older thread, and you've probably already found ya one but, for others I am carrying my Model 60 in a vintage Safariland SST and it is a perfect combo for me.

OhjIZVi.jpg

I only carry my J frame IWB. I have a couple great holsters I'd sell if you are interested. $50 shipped on either. The oxblood is a Don Hume, the black is a Galco, both "as new" and both are comfortable and hold the weapon securely. (how's that 94' treating you?"View attachment 533622
View attachment 533623
How is that Don Hume? I have been looking at a similar model, if not the same one (OT721?), and I'm wondering how close it holds the grip to your body? I have a Don Hume JIT Slide which is almost perfect but unless my belt is REAL tight the grip leans away from my body more than I would like. Does that pancake-style keep the grip close/snug to your body?

How is that Don Hume? I have been looking at a similar model, if not the same one (OT721?), and I'm wondering how close it holds the grip to your body? I have a Don Hume JIT Slide which is almost perfect but unless my belt is REAL tight the grip leans away from my body more than I would like. Does that pancake-style keep the grip close/snug to your body?

Yes it's an H721 OT. This one does not lean out, it rides close and nice. I just tried it on. I just don't carry OWB. It needs a home.

Simply Rugged Sourdough Pancake

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews