Sporting Systems
RifleClass.com
Oregon Rifleworks
Buster Beaver Cerakote
Defensive Arts
Low Price Guns
Southwest Firearms Forum
Welcome to Northwest Firearms
Join our community, sign up for free today!

S&W Mod 60 Holster Input

Reactions
Anyone carry a Mod 60/36 J frame Smith?
If so what are you using for a holster?
I am looking to get a good, belt holster for mine for OWB OC when I am indulging one of my other hobbies and want to carry a smaller gun.
I have one of the typical, leather 'Uncle Mikes' style that came with it but it is kind of loose and is not real secure nor does it snug up well due to the large belt flap with the wrap around snap loop.
Let me know what you are using.

KKG

Reactions
Bianchi:) makes a number of holsters that would fit the bill nicely. They also make their Agent 9R which is an inverted Shoulder Holster that works very well and can be a great way to conceal under a light jacket or heavy shirt. Good Luck.

Reactions
I only carry my J frame IWB. I have a couple great holsters I'd sell if you are interested. $50 shipped on either. The oxblood is a Don Hume, the black is a Galco, both "as new" and both are comfortable and hold the weapon securely. (how's that 94' treating you?"
IMG_5107.jpg

IMG_5106.jpg

Reactions: KKG

KKG

Reactions
I've already mentioned Bianchi Holsters and just thought about another. They make/made one called the Pistol Pocket. It's an ITW and worked very well for even for a heavier "K" Frame Smith and Wesson.

Reactions
Anyone carry a Mod 60/36 J frame Smith?
If so what are you using for a holster?
I am looking to get a good, belt holster for mine for OWB OC when I am indulging one of my other hobbies and want to carry a smaller gun.
I have one of the typical, leather 'Uncle Mikes' style that came with it but it is kind of loose and is not real secure nor does it snug up well due to the large belt flap with the wrap around snap loop.
Let me know what you are using.
Simply Rugged Holsters has a great one. It is their Sourdough Pancake model. Great holster.
Best,
Gary

The few times when I'm able to open carry, I have Hunter holsters that I use. I picked up several off of ebay pretty cheaply that fit my revolvers. I have one for a S&W .38 special, my Colt Trooper .357 and Ruger Security Six .357. The same size fits the Colt and Ruger. Here are two of them, top is the .38 Special and bottom is the Security Six .357. I don't have a picture with my Colt Trooper in it's holster:

Holster1205.jpg
Holster1337.jpg

Mike

Reactions
The few times when I'm able to open carry, I have Hunter holsters that I use. I picked up several off of ebay pretty cheaply that fit my revolvers. I have one for a S&W .38 special, my Colt Trooper .357 and Ruger Security Six .357. The same size fits the Colt and Ruger. Here are two of them, top is the .38 Special and bottom is the Security Six .357. I don't have a picture with my Colt Trooper in it's holster:

View attachment 533692 View attachment 533693

Mike
I love those old Hunters. I’ve picked up a few as well of EBay.

Reactions
I realize this is a bit of an older thread, and you've probably already found ya one but, for others I am carrying my Model 60 in a vintage Safariland SST and it is a perfect combo for me.

OhjIZVi.jpg

Reactions
I only carry my J frame IWB. I have a couple great holsters I'd sell if you are interested. $50 shipped on either. The oxblood is a Don Hume, the black is a Galco, both "as new" and both are comfortable and hold the weapon securely. (how's that 94' treating you?"View attachment 533622
View attachment 533623
How is that Don Hume? I have been looking at a similar model, if not the same one (OT721?), and I'm wondering how close it holds the grip to your body? I have a Don Hume JIT Slide which is almost perfect but unless my belt is REAL tight the grip leans away from my body more than I would like. Does that pancake-style keep the grip close/snug to your body?

Reactions
How is that Don Hume? I have been looking at a similar model, if not the same one (OT721?), and I'm wondering how close it holds the grip to your body? I have a Don Hume JIT Slide which is almost perfect but unless my belt is REAL tight the grip leans away from my body more than I would like. Does that pancake-style keep the grip close/snug to your body?
Yes it’s an H721 OT. This one does not lean out, it rides close and nice. I just tried it on. I just don’t carry OWB. It needs a home.

NEW CLASSIFIED ADS

LATEST REVIEWS

• Rapid Fire Arms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great place friendly service always take time to help you, great knowledge of products
    • RJSouth
  • Supporting Vendor Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Perfect install of peep sight on my cz 527 carbine. Price was right, was expecting it to be more. Will be my go to for anything I can't handle...
    • cd90caprice
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been party to a couple transactions with Steve and he is a great guy to deal with.
    • titsonritz
  • TJ Gun Sales
    5.00 star(s)
    Purchased two handguns there and have one on consignment now nice folks!
    • rl280
  • Northwest Armory - Tigard
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to help my buddy with his purchase and ended up trading in a 1911 towards a CZ SP-01 Tactical. They gave a higher price that some of the...
    • nosbocaj

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS

Staff online

• Kruel J
    Moderator of the Coriolis effect