JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
LJ's S&W 329PD.JPG LJ's S&W 329PD HandGun Work-Over 2021 (8).jpg

:s0122:

Ok,,,,,, here you go, these numbers are not Gospel, I did all of the work myself, less the Porting, I was asked about Cost's, so I put this spread-sheet together for a guy to see what his Cost's might be, if he were to send it out to a Gunsmith, rather than do it in-house...... That's my Story, and I'm Sticking to it.......:cool:

LJ's S&W 329PD Write-up....png Screenshot 2021-03-29 123508.png

Im sure you have seen these. Im from FBKS, got it up there. Sounds like S&W only made a few hundred of them and sent them all to AK. All my buddies were getting them so, when in rome. I pack it around in my guides choice once a year when i go back to AK for moose hunt. IMG_1867.jpg

So, who did the porting and how much difference did you notice?

I put the grips from my 460V on my 329 and didn't notice a lot of difference, but I will leave them on it (I ordered some replacement grips from Amazon who now sells them - it used to be you had to order them from S&W) - the cost, IIRC was $30.

I have heard people say they have had problems with the blast shield but I have not. OTOH, I have only put maybe 15 rounds thru the gun, and I just do not shoot it that much - it is not fun to shoot, but it is much better to carry than my 460V.

So, who did the porting and how much difference did you notice?

I put the grips from my 460V on my 329 and didn't notice a lot of difference, but I will leave them on it (I ordered some replacement grips from Amazon who now sells them - it used to be you had to order them from S&W) - the cost, IIRC was $30.

I have heard people say they have had problems with the blast shield but I have not. OTOH, I have only put maybe 15 rounds thru the gun, and I just do not shoot it that much - it is not fun to shoot, but it is much better to carry than my 460V.

Ok,,,, thanks for your reply, and the Porting was done by a Buddy of mine here in Alaska, he Owns Tri-Jet, a High-Pressure Water-Jet Cutting Co., it came out VERY Clean, No Burrs in the Bbl Rifling, 3-per side, with the outside liner cut larger than the Bbl it's self...... and Yea, BIG Difference, and on Par with my Bisley Ruger SBH Hunter-.44Mag that has a 2-Port Job from Mag-na-Port..... and as for you not seeing anything yet with regards to the Blast-Shield Erosion,,,,, wait till you get up to 7-900 rounds,,,,, I was @ about 800+/- when I've sent my back the last 4-times, that's since 2003..... :cool: Lj

The looks really good with the unfluted cylinder !
Do you have a top shot that shows the porting better ?

Now I'm jealous and contemplating swapping my cylinder out. I've got the magnaporting on mine and noticed a huge difference in felt recoil along with the frame grip also.

I also swapped out the factory firing pin to the longer version after getting multiple fail to lights on primer strikes

Ok,,,, thanks for your reply, and the Porting was done by a Buddy of mine here in Alaska, he Owns Tri-Jet, a High-Pressure Water-Jet Cutting Co., it came out VERY Clean, No Burrs in the Bbl Rifling, 3-per side, with the outside liner cut larger than the Bbl it's self...... and Yea, BIG Difference, and on Par with my Bisley Ruger SBH Hunter-.44Mag that has a 2-Port Job from Mag-na-Port..... and as for you not seeing anything yet with regards to the Blast-Shield Erosion,,,,, wait till you get up to 7-900 rounds,,,,, I was @ about 800+/- when I've sent my back the last 4-times, that's since 2003..... :cool: Lj

Thanks for the info.

Not going to put more than about a hundred rounds thru my 329 - it just is not at all fun to shoot. I only have it because it is powerful but light so that while I may not shoot it that much, if I feel the need to carry something to protect me from bears or cougars (both are on my property) I won't hesitate to strap it on - unlike my 460V which is not unpleasant to shoot, but is not fun to carry.

The looks really good with the unfluted cylinder !
Do you have a top shot that shows the porting better ?

Now I'm jealous and contemplating swapping my cylinder out. I've got the magnaporting on mine and noticed a huge difference in felt recoil along with the frame grip also.

I also swapped out the factory firing pin to the longer version after getting multiple fail to lights on primer strikes

Ok,,,,,, here you go.....;) Lj LJ's S&W 329PD Porting 1.JPG LJ's S&W 329PD Porting 2.JPG

And One-More Added Attachment to this Post......;) Lj

LJ's S&W 329PD 1.png

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR