Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

WTS OR S&W M&P Shield .40

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by tsarp90, Dec 5, 2015.

1. tsarp90

tsarp90 Hillsboro New Member

This Shield has approximately 100 rounds through it and shows very little wear. As you can tell from the picture, this is the non-thumb safety version. I have the original box still as well. Of course it will come both mags as well. If you want a picture of certain areas on the gun let me know and I will be happy to provide them.

$375 and you pay transfer fee/background check. Not really into any trades but it doesn't hurt to ask.

20151128_135736.jpg 20151128_135817.jpg

20151128_135736.jpg

20151128_135817.jpg

2. JScott

JScott Vancouver, WA New Member

Interested. I'm in Vancouver, does that pose a problem?

3. tsarp90

As long as you are willing to go through whatever the legal route is to sell out of state then no I don't see any problem at all.

Upon some research it appears as though I would have to ship it from and ffl dealer here to an ffl dealer of your choice up there. I have no problem doing this for you as long as you pay shipping. Please correct me if I am wrong about this being the legal way to go about this. Or if anyone else reads this thread and knows the proper way, your advise would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2015
  4. B5Ben

B5Ben Boise Well-Known Member

I *believe* you can take it to a WA FFL and do the transfer in person. You dont need to ship, just present it at an FFL willing to do private transfers and you should be good to go. Give one a call, I am sure they will be able to tell you pretty quick.

5. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

This is correct. If it was a rifle, the purchaser can buy it in the seller's state, but a handgun needs to to be presented to the FFL in the state the purchaser resides.
    I sold a pistol to a Washington resident last year. I had to take it to his FFL, but that's less hassle than shipping it would have been.

Sorry for the hi-jack.\

6. tsarp90

Thank you both for your input. I will give an FFL up there a call tomorrow to verify. I would rather drive up there than ship it anyways.

7. JScott

If youre willing to come up to Vancouver, I would be willing to pay for your trip. The shield 40 is exactly what I was looking for. I will look for a dealer downtown Vancouver that can get it done.

8. JScott

Sounds like it would take two trips. The first is the application process and the second is the transfer. Maybe too much to ask. Let me know.

9. accessbob

accessbob Molalla, OR 2A Supporter

I transferred a gun to someone in Vancouver. All I had to do was go to Fin and Feather in Ridgefield (they were the FFL doing the transfer) and they did the paperwork from the buyer, and then called it in and it was good to go.

orygun likes this.
  10. tsarp90

Thanks for the input Bob. I am unsure why it would take two separate trips but we will see what I hear back tomorrow from a couple places.

Anyone done a private sale at any FFL dealers in Vancouver?

11. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

http://swwsurplus.com/

I was an Oregon seller to a Washington resident and this is where we met.
    I, too, don't understand the "two trips" thing.

coyotecaller and accessbob like this.
  12. smiley

smiley portland Member

you still have the shield?