JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sure you can, but I don't know if it would be worth the money.
I have a Sport II and it works just fine as is.
IMO, if you want to spend money on it, buy a decent optic.

Not trying to be that guy, though I'm gonna turn into him. Unless the deal you got was TRULY smoking, it doesn't make sense to buy a rifle you don't like the looks of as you'll just spend a boatload of money making it how you want when you could have just spent more from the start and bought what you really wanted, saving a bunch of effort. My sport II is a great shooter but it's a budget rifle and comes with that budget rifle look. You want the Daniel defense look, you pay for it one way or another.

Welp, if it was me I'd just swap the barrel and gas system. That is, if I cared enough to do so. That rifle should be GTG as-is and "looks" shouldn't be top priority when buying a budget AR.

:)

You should just get a magpul carbbine SL handguard and a K2 grip, install them, and shoot the piss out of it.

If after a couple thousand rounds you still hate it, just buy a complete stripped upper the way you want it from BCM or PSA, DD, SOLGW or similar, and either keep the original upper or sell it.

A FSB barrel is going to be the most durable and least finicky option for a non-AR builder. Free floats can have all sorts of issues if you don't time the barrel nut correctly, or install the handguard crooked or canted.

If you never intend to run iron sights and only want a scope, then those issues are diminished.

You can drive the pins out of fsb and remove it and install a different gas block and ff hand guard. You can also buy a short enough hg and re- install fsb. All this takes some experience and tools. I am wit da others on dis one. Leave it be and shoot the p out of it. You can always but another upper more to your liking later if it still doesn't trip your trigger.

You can drive the pins out of fsb and remove it and install a different gas block and ff hand guard. You can also buy a short enough hg and re- install fsb. All this takes some experince and tools. I am wit da others on dis one. Leave it be and shoot the p out of it. You can always but another upper more to your liking later if it still doesn't trip your trigger.

Yep, I've done it and it's not particularly easy. Hence why I suggested the barrel/gas system swap. A decent "budget" barrel can be had for around $60 give or take and a gas system is cheap or at least can be had for cheap. There's always the expensive options but for that rifle it's just not worth it.

It's a good rifle man. Shoot that sucker. :)

It's both a blessing and a curse sometimes. Raining catz and dogs last night so retired to the man cave looking for a gas block for a mod I am planning on an existing build. Before you know it I had most of the parts out for a complete upper. Oh what the hell might as well build one for something to do, lol. Now I have me a 18" quasi spr upper to try out. :D I am really digging the botach reaction rod knockoff I recently acquired. Makes torquing barrel nut and gas tube alignment a lead pipe cinch.

Red dot on a riser mount works scrumdiddlyumptious. So does a scope in a one-piece. :cool:

To eleaborate a bit, a cowitnessed red dot with a FSB is great as long as you are not running body armor (in which case the higher the better)

When using a red dot you can keep both eyes open and focus on the target and the dot is superimposed over it. The front sight will all but disappear, however if the dot goes down, you can use the sight body like a giant ghost ring amd still use the front sight, or flip up your rear BUIS and go to work.

If using a magnified optic the front sight will be a barely discernable little blur in the bottom of the image.

To eleaborate a bit, a cowitnessed red dot with a FSB is great as long as you are not running body armor (in which case the higher the better)

When using a red dot you can keep both eyes open and focus on the target and the dot is superimposed over it. The front sight will all but disappear, however if the dot goes down, you can use the sight body like a giant ghost ring amd still use the front sight, or flip up your rear BUIS and go to work.

If using a magnified optic the front sight will be a barely discernable little blur in the bottom of the image.

Can cross eye dominant people keep both eyes open in this set up?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top