JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I was out plinking yesterday (and bagging trash) when my M&P 15 .22 started jamming. It turned out to be the magazine. The magazine body started coming apart and allowing the follower to push the round up through the top. The rim of the case has caused two small grooves in the feed lips where the round remains trapped and won't feed. This mag has less than 1000 rnds through it. I'm awaiting a response from S&W. In the mean time has anyone ever had this problem before?

photo[1].jpg

I checked all 4 of my mags (that I put several hundred rounds through each) and none of them show any wear like yours. Please keep us posted on progress

I haven't kept a round count per mag yet, but I'm sure that at least one of my mags has hit 2000 rounds by now.

I haven't seen any problems with mine yet, and I'm still rocking a mag that experienced an OOB explosion.

I have lots of stuff that isn't broken because it's new:) I went ahead and posted this over at the S&W forum to see what they say. I'll make sure to post any news.
My rifle still brand new, I order 5 mags from midway usa and they all still brand new. Please keep,this thread update :)

I have 3k out of 1 and 2k out of another, both look new as far as the plastiwelds go... my tactical plinker on the other hand has 60 through it and probably only 40 fired.

Great timing... S&W was on a shut down from 7-29 to 8-9 and posted the "expect delays" on their site:) Funny they don't email you this info while you have an open ticket for repair/replace. Not a big deal but, if you were wondering why they weren't getting back to you; you wouldn't know until you attempt to contact them again and the info comes to you in the auto reply. Just sharing the update.

They called me today and agreed that it failed as I described it. Now all I have to do is wait until they get more in. I have other mags in the mean time.

I guess they have plenty of mags to ship with new rifles but, not enough to replace em for of us that already bought rifles. Just venting. I still have mags that work. (for now). They say the mags are supplied by a vendor that can't keep up. They need a Magpul level vendor! Magpul did everything possible to come out of the darkness and did it in record time! Prices and supplies for Pmags went back to normal within 7 months.

I was out plinking yesterday (and bagging trash) when my M&P 15 .22 started jamming. It turned out to be the magazine. The magazine body started coming apart and allowing the follower to push the round up through the top. The rim of the case has caused two small grooves in the feed lips where the round remains trapped and won't feed. This mag has less than 1000 rnds through it. I'm awaiting a response from S&W. In the mean time has anyone ever had this problem before?

I must've shot at least 2000 rounds through each of several magazines and I've not experienced any problems at all with the gun or magazines (they look/function almost like brand new). It's been super reliable and will shoot pretty much any ammo. This is probably a bad magazine that they ought to replace.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top