JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have previously posted about the extractor on my S&W 4013 breaking, and I am trying to make the repair myself. I went to the store and purchased an appropriate sized drift...and broke the bloody thing. Wrote S&W to find out if the pin was tapered or notched and it is not. I'm going to soak the pin with PB Blaster today and set to work on it tomorrow morning. Does any one have direct experience in driving one of these pins out? I could use some advice.

I used a steel punch, straight not tapered, and went from the top of the slide down. I'm curious if compressing the extractor would relieve some pressure on it. Then again this pistol was made in 95 and has thousands of rounds through it so I'm probably fighting against a decade of lateral torque.

I'm going to replace the punch tomorrow with something slightly more robust. If that doesn't work I'll use my dremel and make a relief cut down the length of the extractor to see if that will help.

You shouldn't have to push in on the extractor, there's not THAT much tension.

Try tapping it from the underside. Its not a tapered pin, nor is it a driven pin. The only thing that should be holding it the extractor spring tension.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top