JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am semi-retired and I am taking a self-passed and self-taught Armorers course on S&W Auto Pistols. I hope to become a part-time light Gunsmith in the future.

There are over 60 quiz questions covering this firearm and I have answered most of them. During my study and research I am having some problems related to some of the following quiz questions. Either I am not sure of the correct answer or I have conflicting answers.

Can you help me determine the correct answers for these few final quiz questions?
Thanks for your help.

Note #14. What does the trigger return spring (drawbar plunger and spring) do, other than returning the trigger (rotating it back/pushing it forward)?
a) Cocks the hammer
b) Releases the sear
c) Pushes the drawbar up
d) Pushes the drawbar down
e) Resets the firing pin blocking safety feature

Note #15. Not including the disconnecting action of the second hump of the hammer striking the drawbar, how many ways can the disconnector be pushed down (disconnecting the disconnector)?
a) 1
b) 2
c) 3
d) 4

Note #16. What does the hammer hit when the hammer is dropped by the action of putting the manual safety on?
a) The firing pin
b) The safety itself
c) The drawbar
d) The frame

Note #17. What returns the magazine catch and its button (nut) after the magazine is released from the frame of the gun?
a) A leaf spring
b) A spring and plunger
c) A V spring
d) A flat spring

Note #18. What activates the slide stop?
a) The magazine follower
b) The slide stopping
c) The barrel lug
d) The inertia block

Again, thanks for your help!

think 17 is b, 14 looks to be b (or maybe e)
...i just stripped a s&w down to look at it lol. the drawbar contacts the firing pin safety lever when the trigger is pulled and lets it drop when released. it also blocks/pushes on the back of the sear until the return spring pushes it back though too,which is more precisely what the answer b reads.

Yeah...i thought b, then e, then took the grips off and looked. the way it is worded though, it is probably b. the lever is what actually allows the block to reset whereas the drawbar actually pushes against the back of the sear.

i am having trouble visualizing it but i think 15 is 2...the disconnector is pushed down by the slide, but the little arm (calls it an ejector and magazine depressor on the schematic) also can pull it down.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top