JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a nice 686 I got this summer and it does shoot very well. Nice and accurate.
When I take plenty of time so I can see the sights,lol Black on black don't work well with old eyes
I'm going to look around some ,but I like to see what this community has to say for their favorites first.
These are adjustable of course.
Don't need to be fiber optic but those are fine too.I could do the nail polish but would rather find a nice replacement set instead
Thanks
Mike

I use Williams Firesights on my Ruger GP100...Excellent sights!

DSC_9182-001.JPG

DSC_9182-001.JPG

On a revolver, I like brass or gold front sights and a black rear sight. The gold really reflects a lot of light back to you, and looks right on a revolver. I just don't like how fiber optic sights look (appearance not sight picture).

I kinda like the Gold or orange insert standard front myself, but fiber optics sights don't work well for me other than for a carry gun. Most of my guns are longer barrels and I tend to shoot out to 50-60 yards and further sometimes with them and the fiber optics I find cover smaller targets at those ranges. I've done allot of hand gun hunting and taken 14 deer with a model 57 S&W with 8 3/8 barrel and scope I've had for 40 years. And smoked more chucks than I can shake a stick at. I love handgun hunting.

And the GP-100 Ive got like clockman99's just has the orange insert in the narrower sight instead,,great for open sight woods hunting at 50 -60 yards +,,I've smoked allot of wood chucks and yotties with my GP I'll tell ya! Mine shoots awesome!

If I remember right though it took quite some time to break in the barrel for it to be consistent.
It seems that every Ruger firearm I've ever had that's stainless have all taken along time to break in. Anybody else ever noticed that with the Ruger SS guns? Must be they use a hard alloy or something??

I know My M77 bull barrel 308 took at least 2-300 rounds down the pipe to finally get one hole accuracy with it,well the little bit of a bedding job probably didn't hurt much either!! But still hard to break in barrels on Rugers IMO! I was damn near was ready to ship it down the road!! But it finally settled in.

I'd say put a factory white outline rear blade on and have a good gunsmith install a red ramp in the front. It'll look factory, not like some goofy aftermarket junk.

I'd say put a factory white outline rear blade on and have a good gunsmith install a red ramp in the front. It'll look factory, not like some goofy aftermarket junk.
The LGS where I bought this had a brand new one there with those on it. But when I looked at S&W they didn't have them for my gun.
I might try nail polish first but that doesn't give me the white outline in back. I guess if I tape it off,lol

Another vote for Firesights. I hadn't paid any attention to them until I saw a set on a Single Six a couple years ago. Holy crap! Immediately ordered a set for my Buckmark and I've got a set coming now for my 45/70. They're amazing.

So I fasted about this,for about a half hour,lol and my googleFu was sharpened:s0029:
Funny how you can look for parts at midway for a specific gun and some thing just don't come up
I searched for 'rear blade for S&W' and found what I was looking for.
Then 'front sights for S&W' and viola:s0139:,there was the HI-VIS. I like the looks of them better than the Williams fire sights.About the same money
52 bucks for both. Now I better find that spanner wrench to remove and install them:s0056:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...ver-with-pinned-front-sight-steel-fiber-optic
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/17...line-blade-windage-nut-screw-and-instructions

I went looking for the spanner wrench that Larry Potterfield uses in his video to take the rear blade off. You think I could find it in their gunsmith tools? Heck no:confused:
Then I go to Brownells. And the same thingo_O
So I yahoo search it. What do you suppose it shows? Brownells,takes you right to it;)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top