JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
You gotta be careful when your reloading!
This one is not mine, and I didn't do it. But it sounds like Smith is going to replace the pistol.. even tho it was the owners fault.
Sounds like he was pretty new to reloading.
Only suffered a bruised trigger finger!

IMG_7388.JPG
IMG_7389.JPG
IMG_7390.JPG
IMG_7391.JPG

Wow! 686's are stout! Beautiful revolver, too bad! Glad the guy wasn't seriously hurt, but I think he should have lost.....say.....the tip of his pinky finger for nuking that nice handgun!

What a waste of a beautiful 686.

This is a lesson to those who are new to reloading to go slow, double check, pay attention and throw in a dash of paranoia until you gain some practical reloading experience... I'm still learning after nearly thirty years of reloading...

Owner is fortunate to have walked away with just a bruised trigger finger, could have been much worse...

This is what keeps me humble and I am always checking my work, frome case prep, researching prospective loads to the actual loading. Thanks sir for thinking of us members here.
I ain't in no hurry to get good enough to graduate to making Utube vidieos....:eek::eek::eek::p

13.0 grains of Bullseye instead of 2400? Any more to the story Tim? I mean, those are some stout guns, and I would think using a double charge of a magnum powder would likely be obvious with the final check before seating bullets. Loaded on a progressive? First shot from a group of double charge/wrong powder? How many rounds through the gun? Sorry to be so nosy but I guess it 's just the way I am with something like this. :D

It'd be nice to "know" but I'd daresay any info coming from that person perhaps should be taken with a grain of salt as they are likely absolutely clueless. knock on wood. At least the person had the honor to admit it was his doing so I'll give him that though.
I'd say a good double charge in the stout "mid-range" category or a squib followed by a boom.

The owner admitted to being brand new to reloading and didn't realize the dangers of a double charge. He pulled a bunch of his reloads and found 2 more double charged.

He was honest with S&W about what he did and Smith has already said they were going to replace his pistol. Not with a -6 unfortunately, but something similar.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top