JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK. I have had this gun for 15 yrs or so. (66-4 2.5") Have had a CT grip on it for the last 5-6 yrs. I am wanting to replace the front sight if possible. After some research on the net, I am readong that this should be possible, but I do not see where my site is pinned in place. Looks to me like the entire ramp and front site are one piece along with the barrel. Can someone enlighten this Revolver mechanical moron a little. Thanks in advance

I am not a collector, but rather a shooter and user of my firearms and want to make it a little more functional for my needs. Not in it to make money. If it is really pinned in place, I can always put a stock one back on.. I believe that this is not one of the more sought after versions anyways, but I do love the gun.

Unfortunately, the 2.5" barrelled model should have a one piece sight and would need significant modification to change the front sight. The blade would need to be machined off and a groove would have to be cut for a new sight blade. The base would then have to be cross drilled with the new blade in place so a pin could be inserted. It's certainly a do-able job, but its a gunsmith job...

I have had the orange insert changed to lime green. In my old Smiths. Worked much better. Does not require any cutting!! Please think long and hard before carving up that 66.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top