JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have one. I dont use it for CCW, it is simply too big and heavy unless I felt like investing in a shoulder holster and then wearing a jacket all the time to cover it. I do use it for open carry on my hip when I am camping or out in the woods, but for concealed carry my Glock 26 or Ruger LCR carried IWB makes more sense.

Thanks guys. Been thinking of picking up a shoulder rig for it, which would also make it a bit easier to deal with out hiking as well. I usually carry a 709 Slim IWB but thought I'd give the 66-3 a try and it definitely let me know that I needed a better belt!

I've not heard of it before but I'll check out the Kramer stuff.

-d

I carry my 66 2.5" in a Ted Blocker DA 2 and it concealed pretty nicely. Very high ride on this holster and I've had this one for over 15 yrs. Blocker has the belts to go with it also. Just a sugestion as it's carried my 66 very wel for quite some time.

You MUST have a quality belt designed specifically to carry a handgun, it makes all the difference in the world.

Kramer is the crème de la crème of leather good, definitely go with horsehide. Their price tag and wait time reflect that status, but if you spring for one it won’t end up in a drawer somewhere or be given away at a garage sale.

Custom Gun Leather Holster & Gun Holsters

So would a single-thick work or would a double be best?

I carry my 66 2.5" in a Ted Blocker DA 2 and it concealed pretty nicely. Very high ride on this holster and I've had this one for over 15 yrs. Blocker has the belts to go with it also. Just a suggestion as it's carried my 66 very well for quite some time.

Good to know, I'll check out the stuff the Ted offers as well. When you carry are you doing it at 3' or have you shifted it forward/back a bit?

-d

I carry at 830 to 900 as I'm a Lefty. Really do like that holster and he put a tension screw on it for me after about 8 yrs of use to increase retention. Single layer lined belt is fine for this gun, or most all IMO ... Take care.. The 66 is my favorite revolver..
Mine sports CT bantam sized grips.. Love the carry setup for a 6 shot revolver with some bang...

You MUST have a quality belt designed specifically to carry a handgun, it makes all the difference in the world.

Kramer is the crème de la crème of leather good, definitely go with horsehide. Their price tag and wait time reflect that status, but if you spring for one it won't end up in a drawer somewhere or be given away at a garage sale.

Custom Gun Leather Holster & Gun Holsters

2nding this. It also helps to have a great holster. I've been using an ares ranger belt and crossbreed supertuck to carry a sig p229 (also a pretty large handgun) comfortably.

So would a single-thick work or would a double be best?

As stiff and thick as possible imo. If I wanted to get a Kramer, I'd get the double-thick horsehide personally.

lol @ the sharkskin one.

Wow, fantastic advice and suggestions, thank you. I went over the post Christmas budget and a new setup is out for now so I'll have to stick with my 709 for my EDC for a while. Hopefully this thread will help out some others as well, thanks folks.

-d

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top