Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W 500 and Springfield RO carbon steel pkg

Discussion in 'Handgun Classifieds' started by k5kolodzi, Nov 6, 2012.

1. k5kolodzi

k5kolodzi Everett Member

Looking to trade both for a high end AR10 or AR15. Text @ 425-361-3670. Looking for trade value of about 1800

Smith and Wesson 500 with 8 and 3/8 barrel only 80 rounds fired. Will include original case and all 80 Starline brass cases and .50 boresnake. Bought the first week of June this year.
    IMAG0424.jpg

Springfield Armory Range Officer with only 50 rounds fired. Case, Holsters, ETC. Everything it came with. 1 Wilson Combat Mag
    IMAG0756.jpg

2. Olympus

Olympus Kansas City Member

Carbon steel version?

3. k5kolodzi

k5kolodzi Everett Member

The Ranger officer came in two variations. Forged Frame(899.99) or a Carbon Steel Version(1099.99). The carbon package is much stronger and much harder to find. I am new to 1911's and when i picked this up it has a sticker on the side that stated "Carbon Steel Pkg" so i tool it to discount guns. They said its available in two variations. The price above reflect their prices.

4. Olympus

Hadn't ever heard of that before, but thanks.

5. PX4WA

PX4WA Tacoma, WA Active Member

Sorry discount guns is not a reliable source of info... Those guys are making stuff up.

There is only one range officer ... Model: PI9128LP and it is forged frame made of carbon steel. Sells new for 700$ at buds. If you have a different model number then i stand corrected... But never heard otherwise

Good luck with sale. I have a RO and its a great shooter...

iamme and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Olympus

Didn't want to be the one to break the news to the OP. As far as I know, there has only ever been one version of the RO. They are all made using carbon steel with a parkerized finish and they are all forged as well. They are both forged AND carbon steel IIRC.

7. k5kolodzi

k5kolodzi Everett Member

adjusted. Discount guns or obviously out to make a buck. Oh well. Apologies for the confusion

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.