1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $850 in prizes this week -- enter now for your chance to win!
    Dismiss Notice

S&W 5 screw pre-war

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by dolphins84te, Oct 10, 2009.

1. dolphins84te

dolphins84te Redmond, OR Member

I just picked up a S&W 5 screw .38 serial # 342xxx in trade. I think I made a pretty good deal (paid $175 last week for the pistol I traded for this one). I was trying to find out when it was made and approximate value. The guy I got it from (a retired deputy sheriff who wanted ALL my info) said it was worth $600+ to a collector and $400+ to a shooter, but then why trade for the gun I was only asking $225 for (a like-new Keltec P11)?

Condition is pretty good for a gun that is that old. Blueing is intact (re-blued?), no real pitting, wood grips are great on one side and a little gouging on the other side).

Any help? Thanks.
  2. Chee-to

Chee-to Oregon Well-Known Member

I've got a couple S&W 5 screws, I suggest going to the S&W Forum lots of info and friendly, they don't mind answering questions, really neat site for S&W owners (you do have to register though)...:thumbup: