JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Wanted Ad Type
  1. Want to Buy
  2. Want to Trade For
Manufacturer
Smith & Wesson
Caliber
460 S&W Magnum
City
Carlton
State
Oregon
I would like to find a Smith &Wesson 460 with a 4" to 6 " barrel ,have trades or cash

1. I agree to the classified rules and terms of service
FWIW - I like my 460V. IMO it is just about the right size at 5" with the comp (the barrel is 4", the comp adds another inch). The 460V is the only model with a barrel between 4-6" as far as I know. It is more pleasant to shoot than my 329 PD in .44 mag, although I have not yet tried really hot loads, but some stout ones for sure. weight being the factor for both pistols, but the comp and grips help too.

The muzzle blast and flame are substantial, but IMO not objectionable if you wear hearing protection - although I have not shot it at night.

Good luck with your search. :s0155:

No - not really. I've thought about it. I bought it so I could have a revolver in .45 LC (which really isn't a requirement for my survival battery), and the fact that it shot .454 and .460 was very appealing, although I bought it more on a whim - I really don't need a super magnum revolver. I want to have it modified to shoot .45 ACP too.

I would just have to replace it with a Redhawk, which costs almost as much and doesn't shoot magnums.

I am occasionally tempted to get a .45 LC lever action, or even one in .454 (which are rare), and I lust after a Bighorn Armory lever action in .460 mag, but the handgun in .460 is as powerful as the .454 is in a rifle and almost as powerful as the .45-70 until you get up into the really heavy bullets, so it covers a lot of bases in that regard. At under 4 pounds it is lighter than a rifle too.

But what do I need a super magnum for? I no longer go to Alaska and I haven't been to Montana in decades. The only real practical use for it is to have something that will shoot .45 LC, and later, .45 ACP.

Maybe someday I might sell it?

The muzzle blast and flame are substantial, but IMO not objectionable if you wear hearing protection - although I have not shot it at night.
Night? With the right powder daytime is as bad, lol. Tons of fun and a great price!
0B446687-5958-477C-AAD2-2365CAC37A56.png

Members are allowed to ask whatever they want for items posted in the classified sections. If you don't like the price of an item, simply move on. Posting negative comments will result in the revocation of your classified privileges.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top