JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i had a gun of mine looked at years ago and was told it was 1956 5-screw. which would be pre -29 if im correct. recently i did some homework and looked at sn# and found S207xxx. where am i looking to make it a 5 screw. the number i am getting tells me 1960. i thought the 5 screw was only until 56.
any help from someone would be appreciated.

As it says there, it's a 29 "no dash" - e.g., Model 29 with no engineering revision. 1960 sounds correct. It would be a "four screw" as the upper sideplate screw is gone, but the trigger guard screw is still present.

it says
mod-29
if thats what u mean by dash the dash between the mod and 29
anyways was just thinking about selling or trading and wanted a little more info since i was skeptical of what i was told. i always want to make sure before i do something.

A "dash number" would follow the "29" if there were an engineering revision. So this is just a "Model 29" with no dash after it. Unless this is a rare presentation model for a unique purchase, they did not come with wooden boxes. They shipped then in gold cardboard boxes with the s/n written in grease pencil on the bottom. The wood case is likely a later addition. It has some value in itself, but not to the gun as original I would guess.

To get a value on it would require a few high-resolution photos and very thorough description. I paid $475 at auction for one not long ago in 6.5" bbl length in average condition. If it is in high or "mint" condition, then more. Bbl. length also influences value, less for longer and more for shorter.

I could email or text pics but I have no pic host. The box has a red velvet lining fitted for the pistol. I was told it was original and sought after. Thanks everyone for the info so far.