Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W 41 magnum

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by Tbucket, May 28, 2012.

1. Tbucket

Tbucket Olympia,Wash. Active Member

Just picked up what I think is a older S&W model 57 41 magnum, how can I determine the year and value it was made? Not looking to sell at all, just curious if the trade I made was a good one.
    Thanks in advanced for any help.

2. OreShooter

OreShooter Portland Member

Since it is a 41 it is 1960's or newer. If you can get a Blue Book of Gun Values you can look up the year by the serial number. Value depends a lot on condition. One way to do that is grade it by NRA standards. Or you could post a photo (good ones, not the blurry stuff), and someone can give an off the cuff idea, but it is only worth what you pay for it.

3. Tbucket

Thanks OreShooter, I relize its worth what someone is willing to pay, was just trying to get general Idea. Grade is probably 95% very nice shape.

4. OreShooter

OreShooter Portland Member

Post some pics. Someone will give you an idea. There are die hard 41 fans, just not a bunch of them. Plus it's always fun to someone elses toys. :)

5. Tbucket

Will work on the pic's, pretty photo illiterate so may take awhile!

6. motoman98

motoman98 Gresham, OR Active Member

The .41 fans have to be 'die hards', the way they price factory ammo!.... from another .41 die hard-reloader!
    Just for fun, check out an ultimate .41: It's Theodore Roosevelt's .405 win!