JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
One of these should be included with every Smith PD.

Best-hand-grippers-to-boost-your-hand-and-forearm-strength.png

The best load I've found for the "J" Frames is the one that Liberty Ammunition is offering. They've designed a VERY light Nickel Plated Copper Bullet that runs 1500fps and Delivers All the energy to the Target.

And if you haven't tried it don't knock it. They do work.

I do like something that shoots to point of aim in these. Cause you aint gona adjust the fixed sights.
And light and fast shoots low for me to.

I settled on +p gold dots. I think there 135 grain?

If you do go with 90 grain +p or the like. Don't go trying to shoot off anyone's hat. :s0021:

I've Fired the Liberty Ammunition out of several "J" Frames but not the overly light PD and they very close to POA IF I'm using the Sights. The bulk of my Shooting is "Point Shooting" without the Sights and the Very Low Recoil allows me to keep my Shots on Target earlier than any of the other loading I've tried and I've tried my share.

If memory serves, the front sight on those is replaceable. That means if you f up a file job, it can be replaced.. and if it's not tall enough for your chosen loading, a taller one can be got.
I think most people/agencies would concede that a good 125gr is optimal for defense. Forget about the ultra-light 50-80gr wizbangs.
A good sleeper is the Remington 125gr SJHP in 50 round boxes at walmart and stuff.

Keep in mind most titanium cylinder models like mine say 120 grain minimum, because of erosion issues to the cylinder face.
My 327pc doesn't have this warning on the barrel but I have heard of the erosion on them too.

I sometimes load the shot shells, the new red caps with bigger shot. But if you fire a normal round first, when u get to the shot she'll you will find it has ruptured and the shot load has dribbled out the front of the cylinder. Lol. But they work much better than the old blue caps, and have the recoil if .22lr

He's making a whole lot of statements after only firing a single round of Ammunition. I'll agree that the Liberty does there testing with a longer Barrel but unlike most manufacturers they have chosen to use the 6" as Standard and not a 16" which has been the Standard for many years. Also, Liberty has developed a New Ballistic Gelatin that seems to work very well.

The testing I've done seems to show that the Liberty Ammunition does it's job even if used in shorter than a 6". I've done some testing of the so called "Short Barreled" loadings and the Liberty just seems to be better. It does have the advantage of much lower Recoil which means a better return to Target factor and I think that's also important.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top