JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
1 LNIB Smith & Wesson 327 TRR8 revolver. One of a kind bead blasted cylinder done by S&W. Comes with all original accessories and box/papers. Moon clips never used.

Grips are custom Houge (finger grooves ground out).

Price drop 975.00. No trades.

This gun is better than new - read on.

I got this revolver a while back and put a few rounds through it, probably less than 25. I put it on the bench to measure specs and found it had excessive b/c gap and end shake. I then went to clean it and the finish came off the cylinder. I guess you're not supposed to use Hoppes #9 on the new S&W cylinders.

Anyways, it was so out of spec I got S&W corporate involved. The gun went back to a lead gunsmith under the supervision of a desk jockey and was gone through top to bottom.

This gun has a bead blasted cylinder, which you'll likely not find on any other TRR8 since S&W did this at my request.

I have not fired a round through it since I got it back. Gun is tight and right. Better than new!

38463.jpeg 38464.jpeg 38465.jpeg 38466.jpeg 38467.jpeg 38468.jpeg 38469.jpeg 38470.jpeg 38471.jpeg 38472.jpeg 38473.jpeg 38474.jpeg 38485.jpeg 38486.jpeg

Last Edited:
Nice.

S&W actually said that? Don't clean a TRR8 with Hoppes? :eek:

I have a TRR8 - what am I supposed to clean it with?? :rolleyes:
Don't even get me started. But.... it's actually in the manual. Corporate was looking into adding a red sticker to the cylinder or something similar since we all agreed most people aren't reading the manual.

I should add I'm only selling this beautiful, high quality, revolver because I can grab another suppressor (and a 7" TALO 686+ to satisfy the long barrel need) when I pick up the ones I ordered last year. o_O

No worries. TBH I never verified it was in the manual either. Some of the guys over at S&w Forum gave me a hard time for not reading the manual, roll eyes.

I assumed it was in there, especially since s&w corporate and I talked about a solution to people not reading the fine print.

There is one online manual for S&W revolvers.

It mentions that you can use gun cleaning solvents on the Ti cylinders of scandium frame revolvers but does say anything about the SS cylinders of a TRR8/R8

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.