JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have a 325 Thunder Ranch in .45 ACP with moon clips

I would not mind being able to shoot .45 LC in this gun.

I know the 625 is (or was) available in .45 LC.

Is the cylinder length the same for both ,45 ACP and .45 LC? The frame?

Could I have the 325 .45 ACP cylinder cut for .45 LC?

Thoughts?

All the .45 ACP N-frames I've seen have a shorter cylinder than the LC. I don't remember the exact dimensions, but the ACP and 10mm shared about the same length, while the 44, 45LC and 357 were about the same as each other.

The frame is the same, but you won't be able to swap cylinders without machining the forcing cone. At that point you would have too much gap to run ACP again.

The frame is the same, but you won't be able to swap cylinders without machining the forcing cone. At that point you would have too much gap to run ACP again.
If I can fit a .45LC cylinder, then if I have to cut the barrel, I could then have the cylinder cut for .45 ACP and moon clips.

S&W probably don't want to make a 325 in .45LC for fear or someone using +P+ .45LC ammo in it. Although, .44 mag pressures are probably more than any .45LC ammo and there is the 329PD.

Will do, but they're in storage, should be able to make time to access tomorrow or Friday.
No hurry. This is not something I am going to do any time soon - not in my budget right now - and I might just decide that it isn't worth the cost - might be cheaper to just get another handgun in .45 LC instead - doesn't hurt to have yet another handgun.

I had considered an extra 45LC cylinder for my 454 Casul Freedom Arms, but it's like $500 plus shipping both ways to the factory, so I passed. Not sure what S&W might charge. Have you thought about asking them, or were you hoping for a minor fitment drop-in price?

On another forum a member with a 25-2 bought a cylinder . He shipped it off to TK Custom , they shipped it back with moon clips and reamed to 45LC . I don't know if your dimensions are the same as a 25 , but it wouldn't hurt you to contact them and ask if you found an extra cylinder if they could do the same for you .

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top