JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I just got a NITB S&W 22A, when the last round is fired, the bolt locks to the rear, a new mag is inserted and the bolt closes loading a new round without the operator releasing the bolt hold open latch...is this correct for this model? Seems like you should have to release the latch before the bolt closes...any info appreciated.

The slide closes when you put the magazine in before you release the catch? Thats never happened to mine. Maybe its a good thing! I always have to put the mag in and then release the catch.

Probably NOT what it's supposed to do as this just asking for an ND....finger resting on trigger,insert mag and BANG.
Yea I know the finger isn't supposed to be on the trigger,but I had a buddy drop the slide on my .22 auto and dang near get himslf in the foot.

Same here. The 22A 'should' require the slide to be manually released after inserting a new magazine.

However, I have read that some folks have had the slide close when the magazine is inserted. But...that usually happens when the magazine is inserted hard. Try inserting the magazine 'gently' and see what happens.

Good luck...........

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads