Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W 22A Question...

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by gjcraw, Oct 30, 2009.

1. gjcraw

gjcraw clackamas New Member

I just got a NITB S&W 22A, when the last round is fired, the bolt locks to the rear, a new mag is inserted and the bolt closes loading a new round without the operator releasing the bolt hold open latch...is this correct for this model? Seems like you should have to release the latch before the bolt closes...any info appreciated.

2. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

The slide closes when you put the magazine in before you release the catch? Thats never happened to mine. Maybe its a good thing! I always have to put the mag in and then release the catch.

3. Throckmorton

Throckmorton Florence,Ore ah gone Well-Known Member

Probably NOT what it's supposed to do as this just asking for an ND....finger resting on trigger,insert mag and BANG.
    Yea I know the finger isn't supposed to be on the trigger,but I had a buddy drop the slide on my .22 auto and dang near get himslf in the foot.

4. UncalledForGabe

UncalledForGabe Aloha Or. Member

The 22a functions just like any other self locking slide pistol on the market. Have you called S&W? You might just set off a new recall :)

5. Weathermaker

Weathermaker Washington Member

Same here. The 22A 'should' require the slide to be manually released after inserting a new magazine.

However, I have read that some folks have had the slide close when the magazine is inserted. But...that usually happens when the magazine is inserted hard. Try inserting the magazine 'gently' and see what happens.

Good luck...........