Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S&W 19-3 question

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by jeepseth, Sep 24, 2011.

1. jeepseth

jeepseth Camas Washington Member

I have this .357 revolver, and the bluing is, well it's just not the best. It looks like maybe the barrel was replaced at one time, or maybe it just wore different, but it doesn't match the frame. Should I have it reblued, nickel plated (saw a cool thread on that here, but not sure how I feel about it,she's a classic!) Or just shoot it as is, and keep it oiled to prevent rust? Its not worn to bare metal, but I admit, im a little anal about my guns. I know I can just keep it as a shooter and enjoy it, but I dont want to destroy any value or make a decision that makes me (or everyone else) wonder what was I thinking! Thanks all!

2. madcratebuilder

madcratebuilder Ardenwald, OR Well-Known Member

A 19-3 is still P&R'ed. If you re-blue use S&W or Fords, I would not trust anyone else. It wont shoot any better after a reblue but it well look better.

3. jeepseth

Yup.P&Rd with a 4" barrel. I like it, just a solid well made gun. Just wish it was a lil bit more purdy!

4. pacific keeper

pacific keeper North Coast New Member

Go to the S&W website and look @ the custom shop services . If you select the "expedited" service you can save a few $$ on shipping .

5. jeepseth

Thanks for the heads up!

6. Blov

Blov Oregon Central Coast Member

I'd tend to keep it as is. Once you re-blue the collector potential is lost.

7. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

Personally I would have it refinished in something that looks good since it's not really a collector item. Either a very good quality re-blue or have it cerakoted to the color of your choice. But that's just me because I like my guns to look as good as they shoot

8. jeepseth

Maybe I should just shoot it and buy a prettier one! LoL