JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
Reactions
I hate to do it, but I really don't shoot this as much as my other guns, and I need to fund my new AR build. This is a very nice 6" blued .38spl revolver with factory service grips, aftermarket Pachmeyer grips, and a factory leather holster. Slight holster wear at tip of barrel and slight cylinder ring, but excellent condition overall. Shoots great. The only hidden flaw I know of is that the factory grips are missing the internal washers that seat them into the frame (grips don't slip at all, so its functionally perfect and cosmetically great, but I didn't want to be hiding anything). $550 cash. Not really looking for anything in trade, but willing to consider serious offers (decent Glock plus cash, or a small aluminum boat, or?). Reduced to $500. Now reduced to $450!

I'm sorry; I'm about to show my lack of firearm knowledge... I'm not sure what you mean by a rib. I am familiar with shotgun barrels with a "vent rib", and this has similar lines along the top but isn't raised like a shotgun rib. The rear sight appears to start at the front of the cylinder, and the ribbed portion is slightly raised but not undercut like a dovetail mount. From the cylinder forward, it has ribs running the direction of the barrel, but they aren't raised. The barrel isn't a pencil barrel like my old Charter Arms; it is thicker on top and bottom. So, did I come close to answering your question, or should I just take more photos? My background is primarily hunting / sporting and some tactical; nice target pistols aren't my specialty (obviously).:s0114:

I believe he may be thinking of the 15-1 "Combat Masterpiece". It has a small "rib".

As I remember the Colt Python has a full ribbed barrel (like a shotgun).

Jack...:cool:

Doe"s that have a rib on it..Can't tell from pic.

No rib on this revolver. The Model 14, or K-38 Target Masterpiece is made for the more serious .38 spl target shooters. The top of the barrel has a flat ramp I guess you could call it, it's not round like you would see on a Model 10.

The Model 27, or .357 Combat Magnum has a full rib the length of the barrel, it is unvented.

yes it does have a rib, a wide solid one, not ventilated like a python. Had a Model 14 years ago, one of the most accurate handguns I have ever owned.

One question, do you know what year it was produced?

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top