JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If the pistol is in good shape, without a ridiculous round count, I would snap it up in a heartbeat. If it's in good shape that price is pretty good. I would rather have the full size 1006, but the 1076 still very nice. Mags aren't terribly cheap, but they are easy to acquire. Ammo on the other hand......

My theory.... when Glocks were introduced back the 80's revolvers were dropped and had for cheap. Now??? Those police issue revolvers of that generation are worth some good coin. I 'feel', since S&W announced years back that it will never make a metal framed semi-auto pistol again, that those pistols are the up and coming collector items.

My 2/100ths of a dollar.

SF-

Seems like a good price, but the 10mm Smiths are boat anchors and tend to "rattle themselves apart." Used to carry a 1076 many years ago and after about 1000-rounds the slide would be loose on the frame and accuracy was diminished... happened to every one I saw. If you're looking for a good 10mm get a Glock. If you, for some reason, have a thing for a 1076 $450 is a good price if the gun is in good shape. When I see em for sale at a show or in a store I might stop and reminisce, but I'd not have another.

I have to agree with ch139. I had a 1006 years ago. It was the worst handgun I've owned. It was unreliable, not especially accurate, and massively heavy. The only reason I'm sort of sorry I sold it is that it was the gun I used to defend against a home invasion.

The only reason I'm sort of sorry I sold it is that it was the gun I used to defend against a home invasion.
Kinda leaves a soft spot in your heart doesn't it. I never had occasion to do anything with the 1076 other than lug the beast around, but had a little Colt Officers ACP that saved my bacon a couple different times and would love to have another if just for "sentimental reasons." Maybe why I like Ithaca shotguns so much too.

Curious how the OP made out with the 1076 in question. Update?

Kinda leaves a soft spot in your heart doesn't it. I never had occasion to do anything with the 1076 other than lug the beast around, but had a little Colt Officers ACP that saved my bacon a couple different times and would love to have another if just for "sentimental reasons." Maybe why I like Ithaca shotguns so much too.

Curious how the OP made out with the 1076 in question. Update?

I picked it up. It looks brand new. I guess I need to figure out how to post a picture.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top