S&W 1076. Should I buy?

Reactions
If the pistol is in good shape, without a ridiculous round count, I would snap it up in a heartbeat. If it's in good shape that price is pretty good. I would rather have the full size 1006, but the 1076 still very nice. Mags aren't terribly cheap, but they are easy to acquire. Ammo on the other hand......

My theory.... when Glocks were introduced back the 80's revolvers were dropped and had for cheap. Now??? Those police issue revolvers of that generation are worth some good coin. I 'feel', since S&W announced years back that it will never make a metal framed semi-auto pistol again, that those pistols are the up and coming collector items.

My 2/100ths of a dollar.

SF-

Reactions
Seems like a good price, but the 10mm Smiths are boat anchors and tend to "rattle themselves apart." Used to carry a 1076 many years ago and after about 1000-rounds the slide would be loose on the frame and accuracy was diminished... happened to every one I saw. If you're looking for a good 10mm get a Glock. If you, for some reason, have a thing for a 1076 $450 is a good price if the gun is in good shape. When I see em for sale at a show or in a store I might stop and reminisce, but I'd not have another.

Reactions
I have to agree with ch139. I had a 1006 years ago. It was the worst handgun I've owned. It was unreliable, not especially accurate, and massively heavy. The only reason I'm sort of sorry I sold it is that it was the gun I used to defend against a home invasion.

Reactions
The only reason I'm sort of sorry I sold it is that it was the gun I used to defend against a home invasion.
Kinda leaves a soft spot in your heart doesn't it. I never had occasion to do anything with the 1076 other than lug the beast around, but had a little Colt Officers ACP that saved my bacon a couple different times and would love to have another if just for "sentimental reasons." Maybe why I like Ithaca shotguns so much too.

Curious how the OP made out with the 1076 in question. Update?

OP
C

cash$$cow

Reactions
Kinda leaves a soft spot in your heart doesn't it. I never had occasion to do anything with the 1076 other than lug the beast around, but had a little Colt Officers ACP that saved my bacon a couple different times and would love to have another if just for "sentimental reasons." Maybe why I like Ithaca shotguns so much too.

Curious how the OP made out with the 1076 in question. Update?
I picked it up. It looks brand new. I guess I need to figure out how to post a picture.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Free Firearms Safety Course Webinar (I-1639 Compliant)
Virtual Webinar (Zoom). Registration Link in the course description.
Washington, USA
Rimfire Challenge Feb 13th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Project Appleseed
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Vendor
    I have not been to the shop yet but have purchased from him online, and all I can say is PERFECT! You could not ask for a nicer, more helpful guy...
  • Paul A Martin Historical Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great shop, selection and atmosphere
    One of the better firearm shop experiences I’ve had, Paul is very patient and helpful. Definitely going to be a repeat customer even though it’s...
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great Service! A+
    Steve is a very nice guy and very easy to work with. I've done business with him a few times and will continue to.
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Great guy!
    Steve is a great guy to deal with!
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    Nice Home Shop
    Had what I wanted at a good price. Messaged me when in stock.
Top Bottom