JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.
It's hard to put an exact date on it, but based on the serial number and the fact that it does not have a pinned barrel, your gun was likely produced sometime between 1982 and 1985.

It's hard to put an exact date on it, but based on the serial number and the fact that it does not have a pinned barrel, your gun was likely produced sometime between 1982 and 1985.

According to The Standard Catalog of S&W, the 10-7 was produced in 1977 only.

Hope this helps.

Best,
Gary

Thank you K-22. I might be tempted to keep a gun from my birth year. It is funny. For whatever reason, Smith & Wesson's seem to be hard to figure out their manufacture date. I have this and another S&W, I attempted to figure it out on my own and include that information in the original post. I stalked the S&W forums and finally came to the conclusion that many before me have. Buy the book or send into S&W (w/ $50) for authentication. I decided to sell this one and not worry about it. The K-22 I have is a early gun w/ a 4" barrel. I am going to get that one lettered.

I do appreciate the imput on date of manufacture and one would hope you could trust the catalog. It is a nice gun regardless.

Thank you K-22. I might be tempted to keep a gun from my birth year. It is funny. For whatever reason, Smith & Wesson's seem to be hard to figure out their manufacture date. I have this and another S&W, I attempted to figure it out on my own and include that information in the original post. I stalked the S&W forums and finally came to the conclusion that many before me have. Buy the book or send into S&W (w/ $50) for authentication. I decided to sell this one and not worry about it. The K-22 I have is a early gun w/ a 4" barrel. I am going to get that one lettered.

I do appreciate the imput on date of manufacture and one would hope you could trust the catalog. It is a nice gun regardless.

If I may be so bold as to ask, what is the model and serial # of your K-22?
Orig grips? Box papers etc?

Perhaps I can give you some info.

Best,
Gary

gary,

I will start a new thread in handgun discussion w/ the k22's info and a few pic's. Thanks for any assistance in advance. Without actually posting it on S&W forum's. I really get the impression that I need to have it lettered. But ill post it and see what you everyone here have to say about it: )

Status
This ad is no longer active. View more ads here.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top