Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

S.Fran sheriff's woes revive memory of Tacoma chief

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jan 27, 2012.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

San Francisco sheriff’s dilemma revives Tacoma memories

Sworn in as the San Francisco County Sheriff earlier this month, Ross Mirkarimi is making headlines of a different sort that revive memories of another top cop, this one in Tacoma, because the hot story today is an allegation of domestic violence that has forced the anti-gun Bay Area lawman to surrender his own firearms.

San Francisco sheriff

pokerace and (deleted member) like this.
  2. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Those that do not study history, and learn from it, are bound to repeat it.

3. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

Very interesting. A gun owning progressive lib gun control advocate sheriff cannot possess firearms. In San Francisco no less. Another liberal ideology induced conundrum. You just can't make this stuff up!

Just give him one bullet and make him keep it in his shirt pocket and everything will be fine. At least he had good taste in handguns.

4. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

Its a sad and yet amusing tale. This case is a perfect example of the insanity that is family/dv laws and gun laws. At least the sheriff is getting a taste of his own medicine. The feminist neighbor appears to have taken advantage of the wife for a political victory as well.

5. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Hey, if you think that's funny, you're gonna die laughing when you read this:

Fury in Frisco: Park ranger shoots dog walker in back with taser

The actions of a National Park Service ranger in San Francisco on Sunday may have far-reaching effects among citizens who use national parks and recreation areas, and the incident is already causing political shockwaves equivalent to a California earthquake that could be felt as far as the Pacific Northwest.

Fury in Frisco: Park ranger shoots dog walker in back with taser - Seattle gun rights | Examiner.com

6. hermannr

hermannr Okanogan Highlands Well-Known Member

Interesting: The NPS controls the Ross Lake National Recreational area, and I had a similar encounter there with an officious little bee with an itch Park ranger. I did put my dog back in the truck, but then later complained to her superior. I can relate to this guy.

7. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

Heh, thanks for that link. I have to laugh at a lot of this stuff anymore otherwise you go insane. Shot in the back with a taser over leash laws...crazy.