JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm an Oregonian and I'm legal to own firearms but do not hold a CHL. My parents recently moved to Idaho but are just a few miles from the Oregon border. I'd like to do some target shooting the next time I go for a visit. So here are my questions;
1. Can I take my firearms with me to Idaho?
2. If so, can I legally shoot in Idaho or would I need to backtrack to Oregon?
3. Can my dad bring his firearms into Oregon for target shooting?
4. Anything else I need to be aware of?

I apologize if any of these seem like silly questions but I've asked around (idiot buddies, mostly) and gotten conflicting info.

Man, that was quick. You guys are awesome. So, assuming unloaded guns in the trunk and mags locked in an ammo can in the back seat (sorry, no lock on the glovebox), are mags required to be empty or can they be loaded?

In Idaho, you may carry a firearm in your vehicle inside the city limits or confines of a city, as long as it is in plain view, loaded or unloaded. But if you are going to conceal it, the firearm must be disassembled or unloaded, unless you have a CHL.

Does Idaho recognize concealed weapons licenses from other states?
Yes. However, while in Idaho, you must carry the license on your person at all times when you are carrying a concealed weapon. (Idaho Code Section 18-3302(12)(g))

http://www.idaho.gov/laws_rules/firearm.html

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads