JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I do. Maybe 10%. Usually in the summer when I live in Cargo shorts. My Wranglers are to tight and I usually wear them when I can have a light coat. But I'm also not worried about open carry.
I could never get used to IWB though.

I do. Maybe 10%. Usually in the summer when I live in Cargo shorts. My Wranglers are to tight and I usually wear them when I can have a light coat. But I'm also not worried about open carry.

How does it shoot? Does the 13 round mag wiggle when seated? Does the gap between the 13 round mag and the grip pinch your finger when shooting?

Am I over-reacting to the feel of the trigger?
In my opinion, yes.

I've read carry-gun trigger reviews/complaints ad nauseam and have even felt compelled to responded to a few.

Yes, accuracy and shot placement are important. Sight alignment and sight picture are important. Proper grip, firearm manipulation, and training are important. Not having your underwear riding up yet a** is important. Not being upside-down, on your back, on stairs is important.

Lots of things are important on the range at 25 yards but most of those things go out the window in a real SD situation... you won't have time to employ MOST of your range training.... you'll have to rely on instinct and intuitiveness.

None of that is to say that a quality trigger press or sight picture/alignment is unimportant, but it quickly (VERY quickly) becomes secondary when faced with an imminent threat.

Save the trigger break and "decent sights" complaints for a stand-up, static range-duty handgun or an actual duty-piece where the ROE are quite different... you MAY actually have to accurately engage a target from a distance vs being able to draw and shoot from a very compromised position quickly.

Maybe you're one of those guys who got used to 1911s so any take up feels like a mile. My p365 is no sloppier than any of my Glocks with a pretty clean break.
Could very well be that. I don't own any Glocks - never liked the way they felt in my hands (no - I haven't tried every Glock). The two I use most for carry are both SA guns: 911 380 and XDs mod2 9mm. Both release immediately after the first stop. I'm sure the difference is something you get used to.

That said, I also own a few Rugers, a Taurus, an XD40, several ARs, and none of them have as much play after that first stop as the P365 had (and apparently Glocks). Guess I need to broaden my shooting experience.

How does it shoot? Does the 13 round mag wiggle when seated? Does the gap between the 13 round mag and the grip pinch your finger when shooting?

All great questions.

It shoots well. I'm not as used to it as I am my Kimber. I have no doubt that I'll get better with time. I need to develop my muscle memory with her.There is a bit of "wiggle" when the mag is in - nothing that I notice when shooting, only when I look for it. Absolutely no pinch.

Lol, thats why I wear loose fitting jeans. yeh, not much of iwb fan myself. You should check out these jeans from CCW Breakaways. Has a holster inside the pocket, pretty slick & comfortable. click here

I do love the crisp break of my P365. I haven't fired a Hellcat yet. The sere reset is decent too. I carried a P226 for 23 years and NEVER a FTF/FTE ever. hated the trigger though

Owning a P365, G43, and G43x, I can say the Hellcat's trigger is not great, not terrible.

I thought about picking up a Hellcat to add to the collection, but after shooting it, I couldn't find a reason to actually own one. The trigger reset is horrid when compared to the others. The P365 has a much better trigger, feels slimmer, and I'm perfectly happy having one less round.

Owning a P365, G43, and G43x, I can say the Hellcat's trigger is not great, not terrible.

I thought about picking up a Hellcat to add to the collection, but after shooting it, I couldn't find a reason to actually own one. The trigger reset is horrid when compared to the others. The P365 has a much better trigger, feels slimmer, and I'm perfectly happy having one less round.

You trigger experience is exactly opposite mine. Oh well. stuff happens. :D

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top