JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A couple weeks ago I was hangin out at Sportmans Warehouse in Carson City. I had just quit my job in preparation of my long awaited move to CdA & was in a happy place with a couple of paychecks in my pocket.
I was kinda in the market for an AR15 9mm pistol so I was at the gun counter. Started chatting with the guy, and told him what I was after. They didn't have any (no surprise). One thing leads to another and somehow we got to talking pistols.
Next thing I know, he's handing me the new HELLCAT.

My everyday carry is a KIMBER MICRO 9 w/OEM Laser grips. I have the updated 8 rnd mag. I've had this gun a few yrs now (the GF has the same gun) and she and I (the gun) get along. She's a bit snappy, but not bad. My biggest complaint is the feel of a compact single stack - feels like I'm holding a 1 x 2.
I didn't like the SIG P365 - too small and just didn't feel right in my hand.

But this !!! It felt great from the get go. Not too small and hard to believe that its a double stack 9mm. He had the 13 rnd mag in her and it fit just right.
And the sights are right up my alley. Nice big night site on the front and a white U shape in the rear. They just fell to my eyes.

So I try the trigger. Short travel, hits a wall and breaks like glass. And just the right amount of pull for a carry piece.

Its about now that I'm getting excited and I start thinking : "Hell! I'm gonna buy a new pistol today!"

Now I'd seen some of the mag articles, but honest never really looked at them much cuz I wasn't in the market.
I'm thinking to myself "dude, slow down. Check some prices."
I whip out the phone and find that their price is about $50 more than Gun Broker. . .

Hmm.:cool:

2 hrs later and I'm running the 1st 100 rnds through her. :):D

Congrats. $50 is about the right price difference for me to go ahead with it as well. I have a P365 and do love it. I have all the same thoughts about it as you do about the Hellcat. I haven't carried anything else since getting it in March

I took one for a test ride at my local dealer. It had a crisp trigger and loved the sights! But my P365 fits my smaller hand better and love the accuracy and compactness of it. It's my EDC but I do tip my hat to the Hellcat.
I bought a FN 9C FDE from Bud's yesterday. I'll post a review next week.

P365 target.jpg

P365 Range day @ 7 yards, quick fire.

Ya, but....

Springfield bad....

At least that's what I've been conditioned to say by those here on NWFA.

;)

I took one for a test ride at my local dealer. It had a crisp trigger and loved the sights! But my P365 fits my smaller hand better and love the accuracy and compactness of it. It's my EDC but I do tip my hat to the Hellcat.
I bought a FN 9C FDE from Bud's yesterday. I'll post a review next week.

I also loved the feel of the P365 in my hands (held a few at LGSs) and it was on my short list of next purchases. But I finally had a chance to shoot one at Calibers when visiting a friend in Albuquerque last month. I hated the trigger. For a small gun, I felt it had a large amount of travel to get to the first stop - then too much travel after that to get to release. It didn't snap - it felt sloppy. I was really bummed. Maybe you get used to it, but it didn't feel right for a carry piece. I want my carry pieces to respond immediately after I get past that stop.

Am I over-reacting to the feel of the trigger? I'm a smaller built guy and the P365 size was perfect. And I agree that the accuracy was top notch for a compact - at 8-10 yards I was getting sub 5" groups without much effect.

Hellcat is next on my list to try.

I also loved the feel of the P365 in my hands (held a few at LGSs) and it was on my short list of next purchases. But I finally had a chance to shoot one at Calibers when visiting a friend in Albuquerque last month. I hated the trigger. For a small gun, I felt it had a large amount of travel to get to the first stop - then too much travel after that to get to release. It didn't snap - it felt sloppy. I was really bummed. Maybe you get used to it, but it didn't feel right for a carry piece. I want my carry pieces to respond immediately after I get past that stop.

Am I over-reacting to the feel of the trigger? I'm a smaller built guy and the P365 size was perfect. And I agree that the accuracy was top notch for a compact - at 8-10 yards I was getting sub 5" groups without much effect.

Hellcat is next on my list to try.
Maybe you're one of those guys who got used to 1911s so any take up feels like a mile. My p365 is no sloppier than any of my Glocks with a pretty clean break.

A couple weeks ago I was hangin out at Sportmans Warehouse in Carson City. I had just quit my job in preparation of my long awaited move to CdA & was in a happy place with a couple of paychecks in my pocket.
I was kinda in the market for an AR15 9mm pistol so I was at the gun counter. Started chatting with the guy, and told him what I was after. They didn't have any (no surprise). One thing leads to another and somehow we got to talking pistols.
Next thing I know, he's handing me the new HELLCAT.

My everyday carry is a KIMBER MICRO 9 w/OEM Laser grips. I have the updated 8 rnd mag. I've had this gun a few yrs now (the GF has the same gun) and she and I (the gun) get along. She's a bit snappy, but not bad. My biggest complaint is the feel of a compact single stack - feels like I'm holding a 1 x 2.
I didn't like the SIG P365 - too small and just didn't feel right in my hand.

But this !!! It felt great from the get go. Not too small and hard to believe that its a double stack 9mm. He had the 13 rnd mag in her and it fit just right.
And the sights are right up my alley. Nice big night site on the front and a white U shape in the rear. They just fell to my eyes.

So I try the trigger. Short travel, hits a wall and breaks like glass. And just the right amount of pull for a carry piece.

Its about now that I'm getting excited and I start thinking : "Hell! I'm gonna buy a new pistol today!"

Now I'd seen some of the mag articles, but honest never really looked at them much cuz I wasn't in the market.
I'm thinking to myself "dude, slow down. Check some prices."
I whip out the phone and find that their price is about $50 more than Gun Broker. . .

Hmm.:cool:

2 hrs later and I'm running the 1st 100 rnds through her. :):D

Its funny that you like the feel of the Hellcat more than the P365. Because I prefer the P365 grip more, for some reason it feels better in my small to mid size hands.
But, man I love the hi-cap on the Hellcat.
On your Kimber what holster you using for EDC?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top