JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They can't pass a budget, stop top secret information from 'leaking' to the press or come up with any solutions on imigration but they can get behind limiting magazines to 10 rounds? Idiots

I contacted both Senators and my congressman. If anybody would like a simple note to cut and paste- here's what I said:

Dear (Insert name here),
I just wanted to send a brief message to tell you my opinion regarding the addition of a magazine capacity restriction amendment to a cybersecurity bill. I think the cybersecurity bill on it's own amounts to internet censorship sponsored by big media corporations, but to further attempt to restrict the second amendment rights of law abiding citizens in the wake of a horrifying tragedy is reprehensible. Magazine capacity and gun ownership do not a criminal make. Using the actions of an evil person to further an anti-gun agenda is plain wrong- the only people that are punished by banning online ammunition sales and limiting magazine capacity are the vast majority of law abiding gun owners. Criminals and psychos don't care about if the gun is legal and I'm pretty sure they know how to reload. Rest assured if you support this bill as it is, with this magazine restriction amendment intact I will never support you in another election. Thank you for your time.
Regards,

Sent

you-shall-not-pass-gandalf-stamp-1.jpg

Here's the response I got from Merkley- basically a polite "I'm not touching this issue now but ultimately you can pound sand":

Dear Jason,
Thank you for contacting me to share your views about gun control amendments offered to the cybersecurity bill, especially Sen. Launtenberg's amendment about banning high capacity magazines (S.A. 2575). I appreciate hearing from you.

I stand with many Oregonians in strongly supporting our Second Amendment rights, and the ability of law-abiding gun owners to own and use firearms. At the same time, however, I believe that we must protect our children and ensure that deadly weapons do not fall into the hands of criminals. I look at each relevant legislative proposal with these principles in mind.

Because the cybersecurity bill was unable to gather the 60 votes required to overcome a threatened filibuster, this amendment was never considered. Please know as legislation regarding gun control and related issues come before the full Senate, I will keep your views in mind.

Thank you, again, for sharing your thoughts with me, and please continue to keep me informed about issues that concern you.

All my best,

Jeffrey A. Merkley
United States Senator

Basically he didn't tip his hand how he would have voted, but I think we all pretty well know...It's bullets 11-19 that are truly dangerous- you can't have those...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top